What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda Jazz 2nd generation - Honda Jazz 2nd Gen. Common Problems? - Jamie3141

Hi there

Are there any mechanics/Jazz owners that can tell me if there are any 'common' problems to look out for on these vehicles? I'm looking to buy one. Most likely manual, smaller engine 1.2/1.4 L.Ofc they're all chain driven, so that's no worry. Are the L12/L13 engines notorious for anything in particular?

Many thanks

J

Honda Jazz 2nd generation - Honda Jazz 2nd Gen. Common Problems? - elekie&a/c doctor
Very little to worry about on these . Functional and reliable . My biggest concern would be these are number 1 prime targets for catalyst theft .
Honda Jazz 2nd generation - Honda Jazz 2nd Gen. Common Problems? - Surreydriver

We have owned one since 2005 ( 1.4 CVT). Only problems (so far!), main dealer damaged the fuel pressure regulator during a major service causing a CEL and a major row! Front suspension mounts just replaced (105,000 miles). Exhaust leaks affect emissions. Engine may suffer with misfires at high mileage ( weak coil packs ), cured on our car by reducing plug gaps from recommended 1.1mm to 0.8mm. Get the cat security etched and display stickers showing it has been done.

Honda Jazz 2nd generation - Honda Jazz 2nd Gen. Common Problems? - Mmarsh1972

Got my Jazz new in 2012

ZERO problems that were the cars fault, a few that was the i**** drivers fault (mostly cosmetic damage. Honda are built to last.

A few quibbles, not real faults. Things to keep in mind from my experiance.

1. All Jazz trims are slightly underpowered especially the CVT models. You've got to floor it to accurate quickly. But this a suburban family car its not meant for lot of long distance. If you are going to do a lot of highway miles you likely want to upgrade to a Civic.

2. The CVT while very reliable is noisy as its accelerates and changes gear. It quiets down that as you cruise. Its only noisy accelerating.

3. The rear passenger seatbelt have this annoying tendency to get stuck beneath the seats. You'll have to go fish them out.

4. The B pillars are quite thick creating a blind spot. I have been surprised more than once by a car in between them

5. The body/paint isn't that resistant to minor damage (dents and scratches). Mine is filled with them. Personal experience: avoid getting the car in black.

6. See #4-5, there is another blind rearward. I have trouble seeing low obstacles like parking posts if they are close to me (added a few new scratchs and dents). I recently solved this by adding a rear parking cam now I can see a lot better as I reverse.

7. For some people (including myself) I have trouble getting a confortable driving position. I am 6'2. Either the seat is too close to the wheel, or too far (arms gets tired). The seat rails are have notch position, so you a SOL if your preferred position is not when Honda put them.

Otherwise its an EXCELLENT car. I am soon going to sell mine ONLY because I need something bigger and more powerful.

Honda Jazz 2nd generation - Honda Jazz 2nd Gen. Common Problems? - madf

Had my CVT 1.4 Jazz since 2012.

Zero problems.

CVY oil is special needs change every 2years /25k miles

Do not buy an automated manual!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ride can be poor on rough roads.

Excellent parking