What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Estate boot + SUV height - movilogo

While in dealership today for MOT, I was looking at Kia Xceed and Kia Sportwagon.

I liked the boot space of the sportwagon and marginally higher ground clearance of the Xceed.

Then wondered why we can't have best of both worlds - estate cars with high ground clearance like SUVs? Typically SUVs have smaller boots compared to like for like estates.

I could only recall Subaru in this category.

Edited by movilogo on 17/11/2021 at 20:56

Estate boot + SUV height - Xileno

The Volvo Cross Country models seem another alternative.

Years ago there was a Citroen BX 4x4 estate and with the hydropneumatic suspension you could set it higher for floods, snow etc.

Estate boot + SUV height - Brit_in_Germany

Audi A6 Allroad Quattro?

Estate boot + SUV height - RT

Subaru Outback, Volvo XC70, Audi Allroad variants, Skoda Scout variants, Vauxhall Insignia Country Tourer are all example of what were originally called crossovers but the term has been usurped more recently.

Estate boot + SUV height - SLO76
The Mk IV Honda CRV has a boot every bit as big as most estate cars. I found ours to be hugely practical and outstandingly economical plus the ride was surprisingly supple too unlike most large SUV’s.
Estate boot + SUV height - catsdad

Dacia Logan Stepway MCV seems to cover the budget end of high clearance estates.

Estate boot + SUV height - badbusdriver

As well as the examples already made, there is the SEAT Leon X-PERIENCE (stupid name!)

Some take the idea of giving an estate car more ground clearance and off road ability more seriously than others. This is one of my favourite Peugeot's, the 4x4 estate created by Dangel,

2f10a5cebbd098363c8adbed237eef68.jpg

Estate boot + SUV height - RT

It's always worth checking manufacturers' specifications - some SUVs have lower ground clearance than some jacked-up estates, eg Subaru Outback