What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
A glass cleaner that actually works! - Graham567

My windscreen wipers were juddering across the glass so I replaced the blades with new ones.Still juddered.I then came across a car detailing site that highly recommended Glass Compound Z.

I'd tried various ordinary glass cleaners without any joy so I thought I'd give it a go.

It says on the instructions to wet the windscreen and dry it off first.I noticed that the water was beading on the glass as if it had wax or RainX applied.

I used the supplied pad and applied it all over making sure the glass stopped repelling the liquid until it would dry white.I then rinsed off the windscreen with a hose and a using a brand new cloth.Once the water ran down the glass it now came down in a full sheet of water instead of beading,confirming that the contaminates had been removed.The wipers now slid across the windscreen without any juddering and even when all the water had been wiped,the wipers still didn't judder or make any noise.

I am very pleased with the outcome and the product itself.

I have no affiliation to the product but would like to recommend that it does work very well.

It can be bought from here.

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/324630634597

Edited by Graham567 on 24/10/2021 at 13:31

A glass cleaner that actually works! - Engineer Andy

Does the Z mean it comes with extra protection against zombies?

A glass cleaner that actually works! - galileo

My windscreen wipers were juddering across the glass so I replaced the blades with new ones.Still juddered.I then came across a car detailing site that highly recommended Glass Compound Z.

I'd tried various ordinary glass cleaners without any joy so I thought I'd give it a go.

It says on the instructions to wet the windscreen and dry it off first.I noticed that the water was beading on the glass as if it had wax or RainX applied.

I have no affiliation to the product but would like to recommend that it does work very well.

It can be bought from here.

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/324630634597

I suspect this is Cerium Oxide glass polish, which I have used myself to refresh windscreens with mild wiper-arc wear.

It is important to keep the screen/pad wet while in use, as it usually says in the instructions.

A glass cleaner that actually works! - blindspot

i once had a badly scratched windscreen . after i treated with cerium oxide[kit bought on ebay] made it acceptable.