What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Mercedes or BMW which one would you have - Blue_nova
This is something that has been on my mind for along time now. Which is better a:

BMW 3 series - Mercedes C Class

BMW 5 series - Mercedes E Class

BMW 7 series - Mercedes S Class

BMW X5 - Mercedes M class

There are other sports cars but there are two many to list and im getting bored.
Well look at that
Mercedes or BMW which one would you have - Roger Jones
Based on driving some but not all, and also in light of reviews:

BMW 3 series -- I could never get comfortable in an MB C-class
Mercedes E Class, but it's a close call
Mercedes S Class -- the BMW is so ugly
BMW X5 (see the recently published Which? survey)
Mercedes or BMW which one would you have - Dude - {P}
I agree with R.J. on every count.

The 3 Series handles better than the C Class, and the interior finish and materials are also superior in the Beemer, but the ride is slightly firmer than the Merc .

The new E Class has finally trumped the E39 (soon to be replaced 5 Series) and is a fine vehicle particularly 320CDi.
As for the new E60 5 Series designed by Chris Bangle, IMHO this is a backward step for BMW, which not only looks gross, but from recent test reports, the legendary Beemer steering feel has been lost through the new electrical powered steering system.

The S Class is also vastly superior to the appallingly designed new 7 series, - another Chris Bangle bungle, which deserves to bomb in the sales charts.

The X5 has been agreat sales success and deservedly so for BMW, with car like handling and performance.
Mercedes or BMW which one would you have - volvod5_dude
>>The X5 has been agreat sales success and deservedly so for BMW, with car like handling and performance.

Agree but take it off road and it's useless, it gets stuck!

VD5D.
Mercedes or BMW which one would you have - Mark (RLBS)
3 series
E Class
S Class
X5

works for me.
Mercedes or BMW which one would you have - Mudguts
Lexus
Mercedes or BMW which one would you have - Jim M
After dissappointment with Cayenne
E 500 yes - 5 series sadly no
3 series yes
CLK 500 yes - 6 series yes
Ease of nav systems is also becoming a factor
Jim
Mercedes or BMW which one would you have - steveatpipex
I'd go for the BMW every time for driving experience. We're onto our 4th now and every time we have changed we have test drove the MB - The BM always win on how it drives. As regards the electric power steering, mine has it and its superb! Very subjective these things I suppose.......
Mercedes or BMW which one would you have - Marcos{P}
3 series possibly
E Class of course
S Class
X5

The 3 series I test drove a few years ago was so badly put together I ended up buying a C240 but I have been informed the 3 is much better now.
Mercedes or BMW which one would you have - Mark (RLBS)
I've had a few BMWs and they always seem to have very limited room in the back. Admittedly I haven't owned one for a few years, but they don't look like that has changed much.