What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Skoda Superb 2.0 DSG 190 2020 - Keeping a complicated car going - BPL
I bought this as other cars i was interested in were stupidly inflated. I find i actually quite like it so I'm looking for any strategies to keep it going for the long term. My worries include the DSG box (early oil change?) and numerous electronic systems. I didn't realise Skoda connect was only free for a month then i have to pay ?£30 pcm for it. There goes the 600MB software upgrade via WiFi then. . Is the skoda service pack and then extended warranty worth it? I heard of numerous exclusions.

Any help from the experts on here gratefully accepted
Skoda Superb 2.0 DSG 190 2020 - Keeping a complicated car going - badbusdriver

The DSG here will be the wet clutch which is (apparently) more robust than the dry clutch version (which also can be reliable if not abused), so assuming you don't drive like a boy racer it should be fine. Don't accelerate too harshly and if you are going to be sat at traffic lights a while, I'd put it in neutral.

The electrical systems?, not sure there is anything you can do to prolong the life of those so I wouldn't spend too much time worrying about it. Don't know that there are any specific issues, I mean I know the current VAG cars are criticised for the infotainment system, but I think a 2020 Superb might pre-date the current system.

Skoda Superb 2.0 DSG 190 2020 - Keeping a complicated car going - groaver

I'd second that recommendation of sitting at neutral at traffic lights.

I had the 280. I changed the oil in the gearbox early and had to select a dealer who would actually remove and clean the filter in it as my local said they wouldn't... The colour and debris when I was shown a photo made it the correct decision.

I took the additional years warranty after 3 as it needed a new turbo - the actuator went and it was a whole new turbo job apparently, at 2.5 years. There are a lot of electrics that could go wrong and I felt the cost was worth the peace of mind (~£190).

The Briskoda forum is a great place for picking up advice from fellow owners.

Skoda Superb 2.0 DSG 190 2020 - Keeping a complicated car going - groaver

I'd second that recommendation of sitting at neutral at traffic lights.

I had the 280. I changed the oil in the gearbox early and had to select a dealer who would actually remove and clean the filter in it as my local said they wouldn't... The colour and debris when I was shown a photo made it the correct decision..

Sorry, I meant the Haldex clutch oil and filter.

Oh, the brake discs are rubbish needing replaced routinely if you stick with OEM.

I didn't.

Less haste more speed!

Edited by groaver on 26/09/2021 at 13:18

Skoda Superb 2.0 DSG 190 2020 - Keeping a complicated car going - SLO76
The Skoda extended warranty is a good one. I’ve recently recommended it to a work colleague with a Kodiaq with a DSG box. These gearboxes have a poor reputation for longevity and I wouldn’t run one without the cover of a manufacturer backed warranty with a claims limit of at least £8000. The Skoda policy was around half the price Volvo wanted to cover swmbo’s Volvo for another year. Double check that claims limit covers at least this amount and take the policy. I’m assuming the car has a full main dealer service history of course? It’s f not then the policy would be difficult if not impossible to claim on.

Edited by SLO76 on 26/09/2021 at 10:39

Skoda Superb 2.0 DSG 190 2020 - Keeping a complicated car going - BPL
Thanks folks. Excellent detailed info. Car was an ex demo FSSH on mileage.Mines not 4x4 but will ensure the dsg oil and filter changed. I love the eco mode as i am a manual box driver all my life and used to coast to play the mpg stingy game! I can see with a car like this you could spend half the time on the brakes so i try to think ahead, perhaps is the flappy paddles. The driving mode default infant what i want so i have to hit that button 3 times to get individual shame out didn't follow the key.
Has anyone tried to do a software update on the infotainment system? Maybe this a main dealer job? When Skoda connect was active it said 600MB via Wifi or now just 64G ? SD Card. Skoda connect has expired and i doubt i want to spend £30 pcm on it....
All in all a great big semi barge that's very comfortable especially for passengers. The 3l bms audis and 5l Mustang are of the shopping list for a while. I have change left for a boxster....
Will try briskoda seeing as i is from Bristle originally. Gert lush me babber.

Edited by BPL on 27/09/2021 at 10:16