What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
1980 miles in a fortnight - barney100

Just done a trip from Basingstoke to Oban for a fortnight with many outings up there too. 2008 V70 coped excellently and did the whole 500 odd miles back on one tank with a hundred miles to spare. 3 adults, one largish dog and luggage crammed in. Car cost £8k 6 years ago and has clocked up 157k now...bit of a bargain really.

1980 miles in a fortnight - Andrew-T

Reminds me of the second of our trips round the western States, in our Morris 1100 in 1966. To get past the early boring bits we covered 1030 miles in the first two days, before turning south towards New Mexico, then west to California. Happy days ....

Did eastbourne to Inverness in my Viva HB many years ago, happy days.

1980 miles in a fortnight - nellyjak

I'd expect no less from a V70.....one of the VERY few cars I'd ever go back to.,

I stupidly let mine go (many years ago) for a Nissan X Trail...and regretted it..such a flimsy vehicle in comparison.

Edited by nellyjak on 12/09/2021 at 15:46

1980 miles in a fortnight - Falkirk Bairn

Car had MoT last Tuesday . 2,800 mls in a year! Usually 6 or 7,000 now "pensioner miles".

Seeing the mileages above reminded me of Peugeot 405 I had 30+ years ago.

New on the Friday, the following Friday in for it's 1st service / oil & filter change @ 1,200 miles - of course these were 1000+ work miles and maybe 120 personal miles.

Not the best of cars, water leaks, mechanical & electrical issues - sold at 2 yrs and 60K

1980 miles in a fortnight - daveyjp

I'm sure you covered many of the roads we did about a month ago, we were there for a week and did about 1,000 miles.

I wish it was 150 miles from me rather than 300! Can't beat that part of Scotland.

1980 miles in a fortnight - badbusdriver

I read the thread title as,

'1980 miles, in a fortnight',

So I have visions in my head of you driving around for two weeks dressed in 1980 fashions (plus mullet naturally!)

;-)

Truly magnificent.

1980 miles in a fortnight - Smileyman

I must admit the title confused me, but having seen the details there is clarity. That's a lot of time behind the wheel, last year I did 700 miles in one day, and last month I drove 1,200 miles in 4 days but both were is France where the speed limit is 80 mph and with mostly emptier roads it is legally possible to achieve a much faster average miles per hour than in the UK.