What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
V70. Again - barney100

Embarrassingly After 6 years of driving my 2008 v70 I found a control button behind the wiper stalk. A little 4 way button reachable with the r hand behind the wiper stalk. No mention of it in the on line manual…anyone any idea?

V70. Again - Big John

Sounds like a switch to adjust different intermittent wipe intervals to me?

Edited by Big John on 05/09/2021 at 21:34

V70. Again - Grenache

Maybe controls for the radio? If you've replaced the radio since new they might not work now.

V70. Again - catsdad

If it’s not in the manual ( and I can’t find it in the online version either) maybe it’s an aftermarket fit. Or a special police/taxi or whatever spec?

V70. Again - barney100

It doesn’t seem like an aftermarket fit as it perfectly incorporated. It goes up, down and L and R. I’ve tried it but nothing happens and sadly no ejector seat operates either.

V70. Again - bathtub tom

It doesn’t seem like an aftermarket fit as it perfectly incorporated. It goes up, down and L and R. I’ve tried it but nothing happens and sadly no ejector seat operates either.

Time to RTFM?

V70. Again - Andrew-T

It's not an ex-James Bond car, is it ? :-)

V70. Again - nlpnlp

Wing mirror control?

V70. Again - JonestHon

Some Lexus model have a power adjuster for the steering wheel, like a small joystick. Maybe it's something to do with that?

V70. Again - barney100

Doesn’t operate the radio or wing mirrors and it has a four way function but for what remains a mystery.