What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
2018 Audi A3 1.5 TFSi manual - Low mileage Audi A3 clutch issues - Class_one
We’ve just got rid of an Alfa Giulia that we only had for 8 months and was no end of trouble! Traded it in against a 2018 Audi A3 1.5 TFSi S-line (manual) with 26k miles on the clock.
Only had it a couple of days and it’s already concerning me… The clutch biting point is REALLY high, the pedal is almost fully up before it bites. The clutch is not heavy and there is no clutch slip in any gears. In addition there is an intermittent grinding noise which sounds exactly like when you accidentally grind the gears and this seems to occur a second or two after letting the clutch fully up after a gear change. Any ideas that I can go back to the dealer with?
TIA.
2018 Audi A3 1.5 TFSi manual - Low mileage Audi A3 clutch issues - elekie&a/c doctor
Take it back and tell the dealer there’s a clutch problem . See what they say. If they won’t play ball , tell them you are going to reject the car under the CRA , 30 day right to reject .
2018 Audi A3 1.5 TFSi manual - Low mileage Audi A3 clutch issues - daveyjp

Problems with the 1.5 TSi are well documented.

https://garagewire.co.uk/news/vw-admits-problem-with-1-5-tsi-evo-cars-but-is-yet-to-resolve-juddering/

A problem with revs dropping from standing start, especially when cold and the age of this cars falls into the time VW admitted a problem they were struggling to fix.

If this engine had the problem early on the owner may have compensated by revving more and slipping the clutch to prevent it stalling. Kept it until the PCP was paid off and then traded it pdq?

The only way to know if yours is normal is to drive another, but based on the reports I'd be looking at rejecting.