What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Peugeot 108 - sweaty hands on steering wheel - Lrac

Driving gloves or steering wheel cover ? whats recommended?

Peugeot 108 - sweaty hands on steering wheel - brum

Chauffeur

Funny you should say that it is my wife that moans about it on longer drives

Peugeot 108 - sweaty hands on steering wheel - badbusdriver

I'd say steering wheel cover, but surely whatever works best for you?

Peugeot 108 - sweaty hands on steering wheel - Xileno

Gloves have the advantage you can take them from one car to another.

Peugeot 108 - sweaty hands on steering wheel - Andrew-T

They may not be the best solution in hot weather ?

Peugeot 108 - sweaty hands on steering wheel - glidermania

Do they still make driving gloves?! I used to have a sazzy pair in black perforated leather, little black and white chequer band just above the knuckles. Used to feel ace driving my Alfasud Ti Campari in them back in 78!

Peugeot 108 - sweaty hands on steering wheel - Metropolis.
Could it be nerves or gripping the steering wheel? You might try aiming the ac vents towards your hands, can help.
Could it be nerves or gripping the steering wheel? You might try aiming the ac vents towards your hands, can help.

Its simply the sun through the windscreen onto hands. Air con keeps the ambient temperature in the car fine no problem at all. Air vents are in the sides of the dash, on top and into the foot well so not sure how I can point them at the steering wheel.

Got to be a cover then. Can anyone recommend a decent one as opposed to one of the offerings found in various cheapo shops please.

Peugeot 108 - sweaty hands on steering wheel - Metropolis.
Definitely steering wheel cover, gloves are going to insulate the hands!
Peugeot 108 - sweaty hands on steering wheel - Gibbo_Wirral

Cool air blowing onto your hands from the dash air vents?

Do they still make driving gloves?! I used to have a sazzy pair in black perforated leather, little black and white chequer band just above the knuckles. Used to feel ace driving my Alfasud Ti Campari in them back in 78!

Of course you still get driving gloves!. Quite apart from the 'fashion statement'(!) side of it, the classic car movement is huge in this country.

BTW, sweet ride!

Got to be a cover then. Can anyone recommend a decent one as opposed to one of the offerings found in various cheapo shops please.

Only time I've ever even thought about a steering wheel cover was a present for my Mother in law. But that was for the opposite problem, her hands were getting cold, so I bought this purple furry cover which she absolutely loved. In fact she was thinking of putting it on her new car (which has a heated leather covered steering wheel!).

But anything that is of an absorbent material should do. Had a look on Amazon and found this:

ref=sr_1_10

The reviews are pretty positive too.

Peugeot 108 - sweaty hands on steering wheel - alan1302

Might burn his retinas after looking at that one!!

Only time I've ever even thought about a steering wheel cover was a present for my Mother in law. But that was for the opposite problem, her hands were getting cold, so I bought this purple furry cover which she absolutely loved. In fact she was thinking of putting it on her new car (which has a heated leather covered steering wheel!).

But anything that is of an absorbent material should do. Had a look on Amazon and found this:

ref=sr_1_10

The reviews are pretty positive too.

Ha! what a thing of beauty wonder if it comes with matching seat covers ? do hope so.

Just decided summers nearly over and sweaty hands are not such a problem after all.