Hyundai ix20 - Exceptionally low mileage auto - wantstolearn

A 2014 reg (13) ix20 auto has just come on the market. FSH and excellent MOT record. Howevr, I'm concerned it has only.done 11,479 miles. I've asked about fluid changes but not had a response yet. Is it a cause for concern, or is it just me ?

Less mpg on tc not an important issue with my lowish mileage. However wondering whether post 2015 facelift might be a better buy.

Appreciate any comments. I understand need a crystal ball with cars ??

Hyundai ix20 - Exceptionally low mileage auto - madf

Rust underneath

Rust brakes.

Thanks. Did the 2015 facelift sort it out ?

Hyundai ix20 - Exceptionally low mileage auto - badbusdriver

Post facelift is a better bet if possible, it moved from a 4 speed t/c auto to a 6 speed t/c auto. I know you are not too bothered about mpg, but in addition to improving this (a little), it also drives better and is more relaxed (lower revs) at main road speeds.

Much appreciated bbd . I'll make start of facelift beginning point.

Hyundai ix20 - Exceptionally low mileage auto - SLO76
It’s very common to find very low mileages when looking at small automatics. Most are owned by elderly people who don’t go far. It’s not something to be worried about. Just check the brakes aren’t binding and with any Hyundai or Kia look underneath for rot. I’ll wager this lightly used example will be absolutely fine.
Hyundai ix20 - Exceptionally low mileage auto - _

One thing to be aware of on the Venga and ix20 is the radio head units can dail and the solution is an aftermarket double din adaptor and sony double din unit.

Now done it twice for friends, 2011 venga and 2013 ix20.

Thanks both for helpful posts.

Don't mind being boring but I really value, and listen to, knowledgeable people giving their time to help those like me. Before finding the forum I don't think I made a good buy !

Hyundai ix20 - Exceptionally low mileage auto - John F

Fluid change is not a concern at this age. Indeed, I would never change the coolant anyway for reasons argued in another post.

Seven years old is just the right age to spend a summer weekend underneath with a wire brush, large screw driver as a scraper if necessary (I don't know how badly Hyundais rust), a can of Kurust and a pot of Hammerite black paint to apply afterwards. As well as applying to anything that looks rusty, clean and paint the brake pipes, which will just need occasional cleaning and greasing thereafter. The ones on my 1980 TR7 are original.

Hyundai ix20 - Exceptionally low mileage auto - Grenache
It’s very common to find very low mileages when looking at small automatics. Most are owned by elderly people who don’t go far. It’s not something to be worried about.

My late parents' car was exactly like that, 10 years old and 8,000 miles on it. After mum died the car was given to my niece who has run it for several years now without a day's trouble.

Hyundai ix20 - Exceptionally low mileage auto - SLO76
“ My late parents' car was exactly like that, 10 years old and 8,000 miles on it. After mum died the car was given to my niece who has run it for several years now without a day's trouble.”

My mother has a 12yr old Honda Jazz she’s had from new that’s done 29,000 miles. It drives as new and never goes wrong. Other than the odd scuff and a few signs of rust in the rear arches it’s perfect.

Thanks again. John F unfortunately no longer physically up to that, but appreciate advice. Clearly, common sense, it will also depend on environment.