What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Dacia Duster - Duster Prices - _

Friend thinking of one as a budget buy, Looked and base version is £13400 now, so not so cheap anymore.

Dacia Duster - Duster Prices - badbusdriver

Friend thinking of one as a budget buy, Looked and base version is £13400 now, so not so cheap anymore.

According to this website, the list price for the base version is £11245, (specs)

Dacia Duster - Duster Prices - catsdad

This site (HJ) is out of date in much of its info. I suspect there is limited updating once a car is reviewed. The valuation tool for example values my Golf at under £10k when WBAC offer £12.4k

ORB figure is close to Dacia official site price, give or take a hundred or two.

Dacia Duster - Duster Prices - craig-pd130

It's cheap by comparison: the entry-level Vx Corsa, for example, is £15,500 RRP.

And I don't think there's another crossover-style car anywhere near the Duster's pricing.

Dacia Duster - Duster Prices - Alby Back
I could imagine buying a Duster. I quite like them. I'd appreciate their mild off road credentials I suppose, because while I'm not about to be a green laner, I do regularly (at least twice a week) take my cars up unmade forest tracks etc to access mountain biking venues. I'd also quite like the idea of a car that I wouldn't feel in any great rush to have to wash regularly or be afraid of getting the odd battle scar on from loose surfaces.

I could imagine having one of those around for many years as a hack. The van version they did for a while would be possibly even better for me.

Might get around to it one day.

Edited by Alby Back on 07/07/2021 at 11:49

I could imagine buying a Duster. I quite like them. I'd appreciate their mild off road credentials I suppose, because while I'm not about to be a green laner, I do regularly take my cars up unmade forest tracks etc to access mountain biking venues.

Surely any car which isn't too low to the ground, has mild off road credentials?. I've certainly gone quite far off the beaten track with a few cars/vans!.

I could imagine having one of those around for many years as a hack. The van version they did for a while would be possibly even better for me.

I really liked the look of them too until I looked into the specs. The payload is pitiful, less than a Corsa van. Not a problem if you are chucking a mountain bike or two in the back granted, but no use for my work.

Dacia Duster - Duster Prices - Alby Back
Yes of course you're right, I still use my low slung Merc as a bike transporter. It's surprising how well it will deal with rough tracks if you take it easy. But, I'm always just apprehensively waiting for a sickening and expensive sounding noise from below...

;-)
Dacia Duster - Duster Prices - daveyK_UK
Dacia bringing out a MPV 7 seater people carrier early next year, Renault can see there is a market for a budget 7 seater with very few MPV rivals and most other 7 seaters being expensive SUVs where the 3rd row of seats are tiny.

They are doing a stepway version of it with a raised height and off road looks.

Dacia bringing out a MPV 7 seater people carrier early next year, Renault can see there is a market for a budget 7 seater with very few MPV rivals and most other 7 seaters being expensive SUVs where the 3rd row of seats are tiny. They are doing a stepway version of it with a raised height and off road looks.

Dacia have been making the Lodgy 7 seat MPV since about 2012, the Stepway version first appeared a couple of years later.

My guess is that Renault do not plan to bring a 'car' version of the new Kangoo to the UK, so the Dacia MPV will go up against the Berlingo/Rifter/Combo Life.

Dacia Duster - Duster Prices - daveyK_UK
Dacia bringing out a MPV 7 seater people carrier early next year, Renault can see there is a market for a budget 7 seater with very few MPV rivals and most other 7 seaters being expensive SUVs where the 3rd row of seats are tiny. They are doing a stepway version of it with a raised height and off road looks.

Dacia have been making the Lodgy 7 seat MPV since about 2012, the Stepway version first appeared a couple of years later.

My guess is that Renault do not plan to bring a 'car' version of the new Kangoo to the UK, so the Dacia MPV will go up against the Berlingo/Rifter/Combo Life.

Correct, it will be Van based. Renault/Dacia still unsure about bringing a commercial Dokker small van to the UK, depends if Renault decides to go all electric on the new Kangoo, current plan is to offer Kamgoo with diesels and petrols but that may change for the UK if they decide to sell the Dokker in the UK
Dacia Duster - Duster Prices - focussed

I could imagine buying a Duster. I quite like them. I'd appreciate their mild off road credentials I suppose, because while I'm not about to be a green laner, I do regularly take my cars up unmade forest tracks etc to access mountain biking venues.

Surely any car which isn't too low to the ground, has mild off road credentials?. I've certainly gone quite far off the beaten track with a few cars/vans!.

I really liked the look of them too until I looked into the specs. The payload is pitiful, less than a Corsa van. Not a problem if you are chucking a mountain bike or two in the back granted, but no use for my work.

Corsa van 580 kg payload

Duster 4x4 diesel 533 kg

Not too different is it and certainly not pitiful?

The 4x4 Duster has a different rear suspension layout to the 2x4 models.

Dacia Duster - Duster Prices - paul 1963

My son's thinking of getting one (4×4) seems to be the car of choice in the highlands of Scotland.

Dacia Duster - Duster Prices - Heidfirst

My son's thinking of getting one (4×4) seems to be the car of choice in the highlands of Scotland.

replacement for the Lada Nivas ... :P

replacement for the Lada Nivas ... :P

You can buy a new Niva (again) in this country.