What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus zetec 1.6 tdc 59 plate - Focus Rough idle when warm - Pez86

Hi my 59 plate focus has a rough idle when it's been driven a for 20 - 30 minutes, it's fine on start up, it drive fines no hesitation but when it comes to a stop it idles rough, I Googled it and read that it could be the MAF sensor

The air filter is fairly new and I've changed the MAF yesterday and took it for a 10 minute spin to get it warm and it seemed fine. but this morning when I got to work 30 minutes away it was idling rough again, (how I know its after a 20 - 30 minute run)

Any help appreciated,

Thanks in Advance

Ford Focus zetec 1.6 tdc 59 plate - Focus Rough idle when warm - elekie&a/c doctor
Good old google fix got it wrong again . More likely your injectors are in trouble.
Ford Focus zetec 1.6 tdc 59 plate - Focus Rough idle when warm - Pez86

Hi thanks for your reply, would I have any other symptoms if it was injector? It doesn't seem to smoke I'm getting average/good mpg, and it starts ok

Thanks

Ford Focus zetec 1.6 tdc 59 plate - Focus Rough idle when warm - Samregjones

From some of the searching i've been doing to try and sort my 1.8tdci, the EGR came up as a suspect. Found if it's stuck open it can cause a rough idle

Ford Focus zetec 1.6 tdc 59 plate - Focus Rough idle when warm - elekie&a/c doctor
On the 1.8 lynx engine , if the egr is stuck open , you will get lack of performance and very sluggish. On the 1.6 psa engine , a stuck open egr often causes a non start situation.