What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus - Flies inside car - Aly123

So I have recently washed my car and polished and all that stuff. However, the last couple of days I have had loads of flies inside my car. I have looked everywhere in the car, cleaned again on the inside and in the boot but they keep appearing. Any ideas?

Ford Focus - Flies inside car - _

www.eurocarparts.com/p/power-maxed-aircon-sanitise...E

from eurocarparts will do the trick.

Not from there but I got a similar thing from my workplace. Didn't work

Ford Focus - Flies inside car - nellyjak

Dead bird/mouse.?..= maggots = flies...but it's finite.

Ford Focus - Flies inside car - catsdad

As a rough guide small flies or gnats are found in association with standing water where they breed. Check the car in areas where water might gather such as deep boot floor. Bigger flies are associated with dead critters. If there is still active meat rot you might sniff out the source.
Cut off the water source and/or remove the dead pest and the flies will disappear.

Ford Focus - Flies inside car - sammy1

Is there any thing dead under the bonnet in the engine bay. As others have said you can get flies hatching from maggot chrysalis over a period of days, Cannot see how there can be anything dead inside the car must be coming in from the outside If you find them they make good fishing bait!

Haven't checked that but will do in the morning! But definitely nothing dead in the car.

I have looked for all of that. Nothing dead and no wet or damp areas. They are very small flies that you see flying around at night in swarms.

Ford Focus - Flies inside car - bathtub tom

They are very small flies that you see flying around at night in swarms.

Fruit flies? Apple core or banana skin tucked under a seat?

Nope nothing like that. Car is showroom clean.

Ford Focus - Flies inside car - sammy1

If they are the very small flies they usual hang around damp areas, If you are sure that your car is dry inside then only solution is fly spray liberally in car, shut it up for a couple of hours or more and ventilate it before you use it

Ford Focus - Flies inside car - KJP 123

Cluster flies? I have had them twice indoors over the years.

From wikipedia:

The grass flies or cluster flies or attic flies are the genus Pollenia in the family Polleniidae are completely harmless to human health. They are strictly parasitic on earthworms; the females lay their eggs near earthworm burrows, and the larvae then feed on the worms. Cluster flies seek refuge in cold weather and find their way into attic spaces and similar areas indoors. They often emerge on warm days, and cluster at windows attempting to exit (hence the name).

The typical grass fly Pollenia rudis is about 7 mm long and can be recognised by distinct lines or stripes behind the head, short golden-coloured hairs on the thorax, and irregular light and dark gray areas on the abdomen. Cluster flies are typically slow-moving.

Seems to be so. I had sorted the problem over weekend. Car was left for 3 days and no flies. Second I went back to work this morning they've returned. Think it's something to do with the works going on.