Ford C-MAX - Ford radio - not ‘locked’, not asking for code - Geraint Michael
We had the battery disconnected for a few months while away, when we reconnected the radio asked for code. There were some wrong attempts, but it didn’t get as far as saying ‘locked’.

We now have the code but the radio doesn’t ask for it, I guess it might be permenanyly locked out but it doesn’t say ‘locked’, you can still use the screen, navigate, but radio/cd doesn’t function.

Is there anything we can try to do, to get it to ask for code again?

I can get in to ask for a diagnostic code (hold menu and power), but the code we have doesn’t do anything)

Also, if we do get an opportunity, is the number entry the same as other radios (eg. Don’t type 1143, but press 1 once, 2 once, 3 four times and 4 three times)

Thanks for any info...

2005 c-max, touch screen navigation radio with buttons either side.

Model:
C214 nav module (part 3m5t-18b988-ag)

Serial:
M990401

Code we have:

Ford C-MAX - Ford radio - not ‘locked’, not asking for code - elekie&a/c doctor
Does this radio have the heater Aircon climate buttons each side of the screen ?
Ford C-MAX - Ford radio - not ‘locked’, not asking for code - Geraint Michael
Yes, that’s right. Buttons either side of screen and menu/nav/radio/cd above.
Ford C-MAX - Ford radio - not ‘locked’, not asking for code - elekie&a/c doctor
If the serial number you have is correct, then the code is right for that radio . Although this unit appears to be one whole unit , it’s actually made up of 2 parts . The radio section and the climate part below . I would disconnect the battery for 10 mins and re- try to enter the code .