What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Better Small suv Vehicle Captur or the Juke? - Rodney Monington
Which car out of the two is the better small suv for engine, interior and driving on roads?
Better Small suv Vehicle Captur or the Juke? - retgwte

just get a dacia sandero stepway, get a newer & higher spec one and itll be just as good if not better

Better Small suv Vehicle Captur or the Juke? - mcb100
Current generation of Juke and Captur, or the original versions?
Better Small suv Vehicle Captur or the Juke? - SLO76
Neither, both are flawed designs with woeful long term reliability. If you must have a small SUV then the Honda HRV, Toyota CH-R or Mazda CX-3 are all far superior.

Edited by SLO76 on 12/03/2021 at 10:44

Better Small suv Vehicle Captur or the Juke? - Xileno

The diesel is fine provided the cambelt is done on time. Good durable engine that the engineers got right.

Better Small suv Vehicle Captur or the Juke? - Ian_SW

Having driven both, I'd prefer to drive the (previous model) Juke over the Captur. The Juke handles and goes surprisingly well, and is a reasonably nice place to sit as well.

However I'm not sure I'd buy either due to the reputation of both for not great reliability.

Better Small suv Vehicle Captur or the Juke? - Miniman777

Having driven both, I'd prefer to drive the (previous model) Juke over the Captur. The Juke handles and goes surprisingly well, and is a reasonably nice place to sit as well.

However I'm not sure I'd buy either due to the reputation of both for not great reliability.

Had a 2015 Juke 1.5 dci for 4 years as a lease car, Tekna spec, heated leather seats, did 79k miles and can’t fault reliability or performance. Ran it in sport mode, lively. Had a choice of a Captur, didn’t like the interior nor it was a 90 bhp engine rather than 110 in Juke. As for other posters claims on reliability, I’d dispute that. My car was driven hard and was sad to send it go. Replacement was a Qashqai Tekna which is even better and refined.
Better Small suv Vehicle Captur or the Juke? - Ian_SW

Better Small suv Vehicle Captur or the Juke? - badbusdriver

Difficult question to answer without more info. As others have asked, are we talking about current or previous models?.

If it is current models, the Juke, I believe, only has one engine option, a 1.0 turbo petrol with a choice of manual or auto, but the Captur has a few.

If we are talking about previous models, the Captur had similar options, and the Juke could have at least two petrol options (1.2 and 1.6), plus the 1.5 diesel which may have been available with more than one power output.

When you ask about interior, what do you mean?, most spacious, best infotainment, most comfortable seats?

And again, what do you mean by driving?. Fastest, best handling, most comfortable ride?

Without knowing what you mean and want, meaningful answers can't really be given.

Better Small suv Vehicle Captur or the Juke? - Alby Back
We are wrestling with a similar dilemma Rodney. My wife's old faithful Qashqai passed its MOT again last week at around its 13th birthday. No advisories again, so very pleased about that. Seems pretty much bulletproof that car.

But, she is sort of hankering after a new car, and Lord knows that one doesn't owe us anything.

She wants a small/medium sized SUV again, which doesn't excite me, but she likes sitty uppy cars so we all know where that ends... ;-)

Various contenders have been mooted, the only common factors being less than three years old, ideally fewer than 25,000 miles, and a nominal top budget ( entirely flexible but you've got to start somewhere I guess ) of £12,000.

We've looked at Jukes, Capturs, Dusters and Renegades. Or, it might end up being another Qashqai.

Our dear departed friend Avant was only discussing this with me on another forum the day before he passed. He was suggesting Vitaras which seem like a good shout, or its just about possible to squeeze a C-RV into those criteria if you ignore the lack of need for a diesel.

Unfortunately, my wife is rather taken by the notion of a Renegade. We test drove one last weekend and she was more or less screeching with excitement afterwards. I was less emotional, you may be pleased to know.

It was 1.4 manual petrol example. Pleasant enough thing I suppose, but not my cup of Darjeeling really. However, it's not for me, and whatever her new car may or may not turn out to be, I'll only ever drive it occasionally so in truth it's not really of much concern to me other than funding its purchase and maintenance.

For now anyway, the old Nissan sits stoically on the drive.

Edited by Alby Back on 12/03/2021 at 17:35

Better Small suv Vehicle Captur or the Juke? - John F
.....She wants a small/medium sized SUV again, which doesn't excite me, but she likes sitty uppy cars so we all know where that ends... ;-)

From your posts, A B, it appears that, like me, you prefer quality and VFM to cheapness. Mrs F is very happy with our Peugeot 2008 1.2 EAT6, and there are lots of fairly new ones available in the 9 - 12K price bracket. Mrs A-B would probably like the sitty uppy stance with the dash visible above the small steering wheel. Makes it feel like a go-cart, and if you get a 130 one it might even excite you! It's also been around long enough for them to have sorted the engine problems - although poster Lee Power may disagree!

Thanks John, sounds a good suggestion. I did point out the 2008 to my wife, because I too thought it might fit the brief.

Apparently, it's the "wrong" shape. I have tried to understand and gain clarification what that actually means, but so far, that is, and appears to be, a final verdict.

I know a Renegade is a faux Jeep, and I'm well aware of its shortcomings, but it has created a veritable tsunami of enthusiasm and desire from the distaff side.

I appear to be caught between the proverbial rock and hard place.

About the only chink of available light, would be in persuading her to wait until after lockdown so that proper investigations could be entered into. However, as things stand, I fear that would only lead to a postponement of the inevitable.

Am I the only broken man here?

;-))

Edited by Alby Back on 13/03/2021 at 12:17

Better Small suv Vehicle Captur or the Juke? - Lee Power

Out of the 2 choices given it would be the Captur.

If it was my own choice then Toyota C HR with 2.0 hybrid power unit.

Unfortunately, my wife is rather taken by the notion of a Renegade. We test drove one last weekend and she was more or less screeching with excitement afterwards. I was less emotional, you may be pleased to know.

It was 1.4 manual petrol example. Pleasant enough thing I suppose, but not my cup of Darjeeling really. However, it's not for me, and whatever her new car may or may not turn out to be, I'll only ever drive it occasionally so in truth it's not really of much concern to me other than funding its purchase and maintenance.

I have a customer who, when I started cleaning her windows, had a Fiat 500. Then she got a Jeep Renegade, didn't have it for that long, maybe a year, but now she is back in a Fiat 500. I have not spoken to her about it, maybe an entirely innocent reason for the short time with the Jeep before getting shot of it, but I did wonder.........

Better Small suv Vehicle Captur or the Juke? - elekie&a/c doctor
Renegade . Rebadged fiat 500x ?
Oh I know, I do know...;-)

But, you may also know that sometimes, it's just easier to say "Yes, of course dear" Please don't judge me.

;-)
Renegade . Rebadged fiat 500x ?

Afirmative.

Doesn't make it a bad car though, and I believe that 1.4 turbo petrol is pretty reliable.

...and to be fair, if she does get one, I'll drive it when required. I'm sure I could buy a job lot of head sized paper bags to cut eye holes in... ;-)
Better Small suv Vehicle Captur or the Juke? - Rodney Monington
Sorry I mean the newer Captur & Juke, which is most spacious out of the 2, which one has the best infotainment and the most comfortable ride
Better Small suv Vehicle Captur or the Juke? - mcb100
They’re on the same platform, so interior size differences should only be visible with a tape measure. Captur looks like it should be more roomy, but four adults can be seated comfortably in the Juke.
I don’t suppose there are majorly different variations in the functionality of the in-car entertainment, just different methods of presenting it. For me, the Captur is the more successful.
Ride quality may come down to wheel sizes, and it’s not long until you’ll be able to test drive them.

Edited by mcb100 on 12/03/2021 at 23:46

Better Small suv Vehicle Captur or the Juke? - Steveieb

I had serious reservations about my partner buying a previous generation Captur but the price swung it over first choice CHR and CX3.

Also the new 1.3 Turbo petrol engine is really good with lots of grunt and good on fuel . 55 profile tyres to for a good ride.

Five year warranty and three years servicing all for 15 K ex demo.

To day it’s been flawless which I’m astounded by ! Even the infotainment system .

Better Small suv Vehicle Captur or the Juke? - Xileno

To day it’s been flawless which I’m astounded by ! Even the infotainment system .

If that's not tempting fate then I don't know what is!

Seriously though, the reliability of Renaults is hugely improved from their low point which was generally the 2000-04 period, with cars such as the early MK2 Lagunas. The man I know who runs an independent Renault repair centre locally speaks much, much more highly of the later offerings. There will be the odd duff one of course, same as any make.

From my own completely unscientific and statistically flawed views (basically people I've met), the manufacturer that seems to be the most problematic by a significant margin is Land Rover. I'm very tempted by the new Evoque 1.5 PHEV but I do not have confidence in the reliability but I will wait and see for more feedback. It would be the perfect vehicle and I love the styling both inside and out. If only Land Rover designed the vehicles but then handed them over to the Japanese, they would be unbeatable...

Edited by Xileno on 13/03/2021 at 10:23

Better Small suv Vehicle Captur or the Juke? - daveyK_UK
The latest Juke is preferable to the latest Captur

Go for the Juke