What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Bye bye 4 cylinder, the future is V8. - Trilogy.

The best option survives. www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/ford-mustang-g...d

Bye bye 4 cylinder, the future is V8. - nellyjak

The best option survives. www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/ford-mustang-g...d

Quite right too...bad idea to start with...who the heck wants a 4 pot Mustang.?

Bye bye 4 cylinder, the future is V8. - Sofa Spud

I wonder how long before Ford introduces an electric version of the Mustang - I mean of the 'real' Mustang as opposed to the Mach-E, which I'm sure is good, but not very 'Mustang'.

Edited by Sofa Spud on 04/03/2021 at 15:48

Bye bye 4 cylinder, the future is V8. - badbusdriver

I wonder how long before Ford introduces an electric version of the Mustang - I mean of the 'real' Mustang as opposed to the Mach-E, which I'm sure is good, but not very 'Mustang'.

Not a production model granted, but........

2019-electric-ford-mustang-lithium-concept-pictures-specs-hp-info

Bye bye 4 cylinder, the future is V8. - Sofa Spud

Not a production model granted, but........

2019-electric-ford-mustang-lithium-concept-pictures-specs-hp-info

I see that concept car has a 6-speed manual gearbox! It would probably accelerate faster from standstill in, say, 5th gear, than it would going up through the gears!

Bye bye 4 cylinder, the future is V8. - badbusdriver

I see that concept car has a 6-speed manual gearbox! It would probably accelerate faster from standstill in, say, 5th gear, than it would going up through the gears!

Yes, that does seem a tad unnecessary!.

The top of the range Tesla Model S can hit 60mph in less than 2.5 seconds with less power than that Mustang. But as there is no mention of four wheel drive, it is highly unlikely it could get anywhere near the big Tesla's acceleration, and that only has the one gear!.

Bye bye 4 cylinder, the future is V8. - edlithgow

8 volts seems atypically low. Would require high currents to get the power.

I understand even hybrids use a minimum of 48, and EV's are in the 400 to 800 range.

If anything, voltages are likely to rise further in the future.

Its a Scotty-stylee thing.