What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
front shocks - blindspot

i have a slight rumble noise. so nothing better to do but check it out. recently passed mot, with no probs. it s front end . i have front left strutt in picies and the strutt goesdown smoothly with strength, but comes back up really slowly. it that really a problem

front shocks - blindspot

ok then. took the otherside off to compare. It goes down with equal force. the weight of my hand and arm. both go down smoooth. one comes back up quicker. is that ok. Their not shot

front shocks - FP

"the strutt goesdown smoothly with strength, but comes back up really slowly. it that really a problem"

No - that's what dampers/shock absorbers do.

"both go down smoooth. one comes back up quicker. is that ok."

Difficult to say. Ideally they should behave identically, so the suspension is balanced left-right. If there's not a lot of difference it probably doesn't matter.

front shocks - blindspot

the springs both look ok.

have both drop links off. they feel a bit worn .,but not shot

i first suspected top mounts, but they look ok .

i was going to leave this till it got worse. so as locate problem more easily. but at home ,with car on sorn-

this is 102 ,000 miler with no previous suspension faults

front shocks - blindspot

the upper cup mounting is cracked and with several splits. would that cause a noise over rough road?