What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Fiesta mk2 - Gears - ROGUE TROOPER
Hi
I have a 1986 - D- registration Ford Fiesta 1.1 popular with 26000 miles on her, but the clutch pedal seems fine , not too firm ? And not to stiff , but when clutch pressed down and gears selected and clutch let back out there’s no gears or drive / movement, can feel gears being selected in car , and rods moving underneath , been on fiesta forums , advice varies from clutch / stuck , clutch quadrant in pedal, gear rods of box , and someone said hub: shaft nut near side Nut might be loose as this is the primary drive ? And drive shafts mentioned
Any help greatly welcome to get my fez back on the road , any one had similar problems ?

Edited by ROGUE TROOPER on 21/09/2020 at 09:00

Fiesta mk2 - Gears - elekie&a/c doctor
Lots of components make up the drive train system . Without inspection of what’s going on , it would be very difficult to guess the problem . You may need to get it to a garage .
Fiesta mk2 - Gears - Bolt

iirc the clamp comes loose on the gearbox rod to lever, they often needed checking to make sure they were tight, if not they didn`t change gears

clutch quadrant was a common failure on those and could slowly burn the clutch out and were a pain to change if you`ve not done one before, not many liked doing them.

clutch change is simple and 2-3 hours work using stands, on a ramp 45mins, I used to do them regular because of quad failure, daft Ford idea imo

that I can remember were the 2 main failures on fiestas