What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Fiesta ST - part exchanging car little worried possible issue - leea

Hi there a little history . I have a 2019 fiesta st , about 9 months ago i was so lucky to hit a pot hole i ended up having to replace the wheel , i had the car tracking and all that done , i also took the car to my ford main dealer and paid for it to be checked over , and was told nothing was wrong. I have also had a full service from ford and car was given a green bill of health .

I am now trading my car in for a new golf as i just fancy a change. The deal is done and the vw dealer never even test drove the car . The issue i have is that i am sure there is a little kind of clicking now and again when turning from the steering , it does not happen all the time . I feel i should inform the vw dealer out of honesty , but not sure what else i could do as had car looked at with ford and had its service done and they tell me nothing wrong with car.

any advice would be much appreciated . Thank you for your time

regards

lee

Ford Fiesta ST - part exchanging car little worried possible issue - daveyjp

Don't worry about it.

The risk of a trade in car having faults is all priced in to the deal.

Ford Fiesta ST - part exchanging car little worried possible issue - Senexdriver

Your conscience should be clear. The dealer had the opportunity to do his due diligence on your Fiesta and he concluded a deal on the strength of that. Depending on what sort of dealer he is, he may well just send the car straight off to auction, in which case any nascent problem attributable to the clicking you can hear will be somebody else’s problem.

In buying and selling cars, possibly more than anything else, the doctrine of buyer beware applies most emphatically.

Ford Fiesta ST - part exchanging car little worried possible issue - Ethan Edwards

I would think you have nothing to worry about. You've done the right thing over your concerns about the pothole. And the clicking could be unrelated. Its up to the dealer to check before he buys.

Ford Fiesta ST - part exchanging car little worried possible issue - leea

thank you very much for your replies, you have put my mind at ease . Thank you all