1.4 Zetec - Ford B max - Steveieb

Be interested in your views about this discontinued model .

Obviously the 1.4 Zetec is the one to go for?

But have you any other experiences ?

Many thanks

1.4 Zetec - Ford B max - _

Neighbour a retired ford (dagenham) tool fitter has one,it's a 14 reg, delighted with it. It's that funny garish blue tone, but that was the one they offered him as a silly price, and he has the 1.4 zetec manual.

I think there was a minor problem with one of the sliding rear doors once, but it was fixed by himself.

Edited by _ORB_ on 27/08/2020 at 12:16

1.4 Zetec - Ford B max - SLO76
Awkward styling means heavy depreciation but then that makes it good value used as long as you accept that it’ll be next to worthless when you come to sell it on again. The Yamaha designed 1.4 petrol is the one to have with its reasonable economy and excellent reliability record. Don’t let any salesperson talk you into the fragile 1.0 Ecoboost.
1.4 Zetec - Ford B max - badbusdriver

When i was looking at owners reviews on the B-Max the rear doors came up quite a few times, for two reasons. They are apparently very heavy to use, and the leading edge of the rear door, at the bottom has sharp edge. Not good if kiddies are involved!.

Odd though that for a, supposedly, very practical small car, it was less practical than its predecessor, the Fusion (which had a bigger boot and more spacious cabin). Also, the strengthening required for that enormous (front and rear door) aperture, means it is heavier than you'd think (about 200kg more than a Fiesta with that engine!). Which in turn means the 1.4 really has to earn its keep!.

1.4 Zetec - Ford B max - Steveieb

Excellent feedback the kind you don’t get in reviews !

1.4 Zetec - Ford B max - argybargy

Its a real pity that Ford didn't include a 1.6 manual in the range.

I failed to do proper research and went for a 2013 1.6 Zetec Powershift. The rest was history, and for six months I followed the well-trodden route of multiple visits to Ford dealers to get the notorious clutch problems fixed. I eventually got them to replace the clutch under warranty, but by then I'd lost all confidence in the car and traded it in for a Jazz.

I'd probably still have the B Max today, had it been a 1.6 manual. Everything about the car, other than the gearbox and the visits to Ford dealers was positive.

Edited by argybargy on 28/08/2020 at 16:07

1.4 Zetec - Ford B max - tim10597

We had a B-MAX for 2 years, albeit a 1.6 diesel. It was a great car, very versatile and did everything we needed it to as a second car in the household. Nothing went wrong with it and the front passenger seat folded flat to extend the load space (not sure if they all do that?). Would certainly consider another one. Obviously I can’t comment on the 1.4 engine, but the trim, equipment etc was all good.

1.4 Zetec - Ford B max - daveyK_UK
The 1.4 petrols hold there price well, sought after by savvy buyers

Plenty of early design 1.0 ecoboosts And 1.6 diesels available