What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Mondeo 2004 (Mk III I think ?) - 12v socket always on, can it be changed please ? - Englishbullterrier

Possibly one for elekie&a/c :-)

I think I've read somewhere that the 12v socket, by the handbrake, can be changed from being always on (regardless of ignition being on) or coming on with the ignition. I seem to remember it was moving a fuse from one position to another.

It's quite possible I dreamt this up though, at my age !

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.........ebt

Ford Mondeo 2004 (Mk III I think ?) - 12v socket always on, can it be changed please ? - elekie&a/c doctor
I seem to remember doing this on my 2005 Mondeo . However, I think I had to make up a fused link lead , supplied from an ignition source ,as there was no secondary position for the fuse . Yours could be different.
Ford Mondeo 2004 (Mk III I think ?) - 12v socket always on, can it be changed please ? - Big John

When I go on my travels I use the always on 12v socket in the boot of my Skoda Superb mkII to run a coolbox via an inline "SPLIT CHARGE RELAY PCT VOLTON ZR1220". Coolbox turns on a few seconds after starting and likewise goes off a few seconds after turning the engine off. It would be easy to use something like the above to change the socket so that it's not always on.

Edited by Big John on 18/08/2020 at 21:22