What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda CR-V 2.2 I-CDTI diesel - Main relay location - pdaly12

Does anyone know where the main/PGM-FI relay location is on a 2009 Honda CR-V 2.2 CDTI (diesel).

there should be one (main) relay in the under hood fuse box and another (fuel pump) in the cabin fuse box. But both fuse boxes do not have either relays.

this is the cabin fuse box. It only has 1 relay for the power windows. The starter cut and fuel pump relays are missing...

https://www.crvownersclub.com/attachments/2e909eff-c767-4cbb-acee-799f69068c81-jpeg.137564/

this is the under hood fuse box (below), it just has Aircon and 1 other relay (not ignition related).

https://www.crvownersclub.com/attachments/4d3db543-7930-49fa-a4df-0224cc51ec00-jpeg.137563/

It appears that the petrol models have the relays (and a different fuse box) but strangely they’re missing/hiding on this diesel model!!

Honda CR-V 2.2 I-CDTI diesel - Main relay location - elekie&a/c doctor
Struggling to find an accurate fuse/ relay map for this . Is this definitely a 2009 model ?
You again! Haha! Thanks for the help again.

Yes. It’s a 09 plate. (Maybe late 2008 model?).

This is the parts list for my model: www.lingshondaparts.com/partscatalog/catalog/brows.../

The closest I’ve come to info on where the relays are located are in this pic: www.lingshondaparts.com/partscatalog/catalog/listi.../

I suspect it’s one of 14, 16-21. So they’re in the drivers footwell. I can see no’s 16-19 but struggling to remove them and pull them down to test (don’t want to break the clips that hold them onto the frame as they’re high up behind the gauges). Haven’t found 14, 20 & 21 yet. Storm is preventing me from being able to check as it’s an upside down, feet out of the window job! Lol

Fixed it! Ecu was in the passenger footwell. Changed the ecu for a Cloned refurb one as the starter relay was part of the ecu. Apparently it’s a known issue in the diesel CR-V. But they class it as ECU not communicating.

I’ll post a detailed explanation in my other post (the one where you’ve helped diagnose it)

Honda CR-V 2.2 I-CDTI diesel - Main relay location - elekie&a/c doctor
Good to see a report back with a fix . (Rare these days ) . Was this a Bosch EDC engine control unit ?