- Falkirk Bairn
HJ gets it right more often than not - apart from LHB (IMHO).

Better than Which this month. I was at a friend's house & he swears by Which - I google for electrical reviews & read HJ for cars + other sites.

Which Car "expert" answered a query form someone about an HRV - he dismissed the HRV as under powered. This was probably based on their "expert review" of the 2015 1,5's. He recommended a CRV!! - the query was from a driver of a 12 year old Jazz - even the slow HRV would be OK for a driver of an asthmatic Jazz.

Obviously they had not done their homework on the 1.5 Sport than can do 0-60 in roughly 8 seconds.

- Silas Marner
Agree with MC - why do so many people write to the Agony Column asking which car to buy, when there is a whole review section with a comparator that lets you work it out for yourself?
Honest John's Motoring Agony Column 31-08-2019 - Captain-Cretin

Because far too many people are so brain dead, they need someone to tell them how to breathe.

- Zippy123
Re. “ Black box” insurance, some companies allow insurance for young drivers without the need for a box.

This is important if they do shift work as black box insurance sometimes comes with a curfew and is no good for restaurant staff, care workers, nurses, doctors, police officers etc.
- jchinuk
Re : Starter car
Are there such things as a "cheap runabout car (say under £500)" these days? Certainly not around my way, even cars with scrappy paper adverts outside houses are £2K upwards.
Honest John's Motoring Agony Column 31-08-2019 - Captain-Cretin

I think it depends where you live.

I see lots advertised in the bigger cites; very few in more rural areas/smaller towns.

£500 for a FSH, very clean, low mileage 2010 Mitsubishi Colt last month.

£6000 for a 2012 Nissan Leaf, low mileage, good battery & FSH in London

V

£6000 for a 2011 Nissan Leaf with high mileage and a shagged battery pack locally.

- daveyjp
I can only assume from HJs usual advice to simply pay any invoice which arrives through the door he must get paid by private parking companies.

Beavis isn't a Golden Bullet, if it was hundreds of tickets a week wouldn't get overturned on appeal.

The recipient should research the matter and submit a correct appeal.

If the ticket was given in Scotland advising anyone to pay is completely wrong..