What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus - Brake pedal slowly dropping - normal or not? - b1gdeano

I replaced discs and pads on both front wheels of my car yesterday, and also replaced the drivers side caliper which was sticking.

Since then I have noticed that the brake pedal will slowly go down a bit when it is pumped up. I cant remember if it did this before or not however!

Is this normal behaviour?

The pedal doesn't go all the way down when pressed, but it does slowly go down to about half way I would say. There are no leaks anywhere either, so unsure if the master cylinder has gone faulty?

Ford Focus - Brake pedal slowly dropping - normal or not? - elekie&a/c doctor
I would think you have air in the fluid . Did you bleed the system after the caliper replacement ?
Ford Focus - Brake pedal slowly dropping - normal or not? - b1gdeano

I bled the caliper that was replaced

The others were seized and I couldn't get them to turn. I will have another go tonight to see if I can get them open

Ford Focus - Brake pedal slowly dropping - normal or not? - skidpan

The others were seized and I couldn't get them to turn. I will have another go tonight to see if I can get them open

Suggest you apply some penetrating oil and allow it soak 24 hours before trying. If the nipple snaps off it will be a tow to a garage or remove calliper and get it refurbished.

Ford Focus - Brake pedal slowly dropping - normal or not? - Big John

Suggest you apply some penetrating oil and allow it soak 24 hours before trying. If the nipple snaps off it will be a tow to a garage or remove calliper and get it refurbished.

Good call, when desperate I've also managed to bleed with an easybleed kit and loosening the brake pipe feeding the calliper - best to sort the bleed nipple though.

Many modern ABS systems also potentially need bleeding in conjunction with a car ECU diagnostic tool to release air from the ABS unit.