What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
2003 Ford Galaxy MK2 1.9 - Drivers door will not Open from Outside - Lee182

Hi all, hoping someone can help us here.

Basically this is the story.

I have a broken drivers side barrel which needs a new part which I have ordered. Problem is since taking the barrel out it will no longer open from the outside, it did before so I have obviously caused this.

Works fine from the inside, I have to open the drivers door by reaching through from the rear door.

As a side note, Central locking from the fob has never worked I lock the car from the boot which works ok, not ideal but got used to that now.

Main issue is the drivers door opening from the outside I need this to work!

Any help much appreciated, MOT is due Friday aswell!

Thanks all.

2003 Ford Galaxy MK2 1.9 - Drivers door will not Open from Outside - elekie&a/c doctor

I assume you have removed the handle to access the lock barrel. There is an L shaped lever at the back of the handle that engages with the lever on the door latch. I suspect that it has not been relocated correctly.

2003 Ford Galaxy MK2 1.9 - Drivers door will not Open from Outside - Lee182

Thanks for the reply.

I think you are correct, will I have to remove the door card to relocate this L shaped lever?

2003 Ford Galaxy MK2 1.9 - Drivers door will not Open from Outside - elekie&a/c doctor

No, removing the door card gives no better access. Remove the handle and look into the door .You will see part of the latch lever . the handle lever has to slide behind this .Its a bit of a fiddle, but its the only way to do it.