FORD B MAX 1.0 ECOBOOST - FORD ECOBOOST 1.0 TURBO - colt48

I run a Ford B Max 1.0 Ecoboost 125PS. Can anyone confirm at what RPM the turbo cuts in. I believe it is 1400rpm but would like confirmation.

FORD B MAX 1.0 ECOBOOST - FORD ECOBOOST 1.0 TURBO - elekie&a/c doctor
I not sure that there is an exact engine speed for turbo cut-in , it depends how much right foot you use. You could always hook up a turbo boost gauge and check it that way. Any reason for wanting to know?
FORD B MAX 1.0 ECOBOOST - FORD ECOBOOST 1.0 TURBO - paul 1963

The turbo is exhaust driven ( in case you didn't know) and never "kicks in" ....it's spinning all the time.

FORD B MAX 1.0 ECOBOOST - FORD ECOBOOST 1.0 TURBO - focussed

The amount of boost (so called "cut-in") is mainly dependant on the load on the engine. More load = more boost.

FORD B MAX 1.0 ECOBOOST - FORD ECOBOOST 1.0 TURBO - galileo

The amount of boost (so called "cut-in") is mainly dependant on the load on the engine. More load = more boost.

Exactly so - the turbo has either variable vanes (the VAG method) or a wastegate which diverts some exhaust flow to prevent overspeeding the turbo, allowing it to give more boost at lower engine outputs.

Both systems are controlled by the ECU, which uses sensors for RPM / airflow / manifold pressure etc. so the point at which boost increases noticeably depends on driving conditions.