What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Lowering the car? - nixontim
Does anybody know if it is expensive to get a Ford Orion lowered?

Will it effect my insurance?

Lowering the car? - SkyMan
Not sure of cost, but you WILL need to tell your insurance company about it. If you have an accident and the insurance assesor sees your car is modified but they don't know about it, they'll laugh and walk away...

PS - I'd advice asking your insurance company whether they'd insure your modified car BEFORE you modify it.
Lowering the car? - Shortwing Rob
Nixontim

I think, perhaps, you are on the wrong forum here.

If Max Power or any of the other 'boy racer' (I was one myself) comics have a site your questions would probably be answered more fully.

Here is where we discuss what polish it is best to use to avoid swirl marks on our paintwork.

SR

PS: If it is anything like the Fords I have lowered in the past it should be a piece of cake. Does absolutely no good to the handling whatsoever but looks quite cool if you like that sort of thing.

Promise me you won't drive around with your spotlights on, please?
Lowering the car? - Gazza
Be careful with the Orion. I believe when you lower the suspension, you change the roll centre and actually induce more roll as a result, due to the factory suspension geometry. You will also need to adjust the camber and roll-bar for the car to handle correctly (predictably).

The suspension of the Japanese versions of Honda Civic and Subura Impreza have double-wishbone suspension all-round. This design makes the task of lowering the suspension a lot easier because the geometry stays (almost) the same.

Garrison
Lowering the car? - Ian (Cape Town)
Not a wise idea if you live anywhere with "traffic calming" bumps in the road! [which seems to be 90% of the UK!]
Also, check out the access places you will be going - your driveway, local carprk etc... Nothing worse than that scraping noise as you ground the bottom of the car on a ramp...
Lowering the car? - Colin M
Lowering? Lowering? What are you talking about? It's a Ford, you're supposed to jack it up at the back. Least that's what we did when we were fitting rostyles (no alloys in my day) and the other sundry you are asking about here.

Lowering the car? - Maz
I say lower it all. Don't worry about suspension geometry guff. Set your handling characteristics to 'sorted' at he front and 'decent' at the back.

Turn that baseball cap around and the laydees will go for it too.;-I

Happy cruising in the layby of lurve.

Maz.
Lowering the car? - BobbyG
nixontim, just waiting for your next question, I know its just round the corner,

How do I get those wee blue lights into my windscreen washers???
Lowering the car? - Fullchat
Let all the air out of the tyres! That will cost you nothing!

Fullchat
Lowering the car? - Mondaywoe
Buy a C5 - it does it itself as required!