Cmax grand - Ford C-Max grand won’t run - Ellie25
Hi,

I’m really hoping someone can help me, I have had a nightmare and I don’t know what to do.
I purchased this car 4 months ago, it’s 2011 reg and had done 92k. The cambelt snapped and destroyed the valves and pistons so I purchased a complete replacement engine for 1200 from Charles Trent. A mechanic quoted me 350 to install the engine, I bought a replacement cam belt kit, water pump and a clutch release bearing. The mechanic installed the engine but the car just won’t run, it cranks but does not start, mechanic then gave me a bill for 450 because it took an extra day (even though it does not work ??) another mechanic now has car and has changed the fuel pump and injectors have been primed, various sensors and senders replaced, swapped the fuel injection pump and injectors over and it still doesn’t run. I’m now 2200 in and my car does not go, I’m so ridiculously stressed. Diagnostics have been plugged in and no fault codes. The engine starts with quick start but runs really rough and cuts out. I have now went injectors off to be tested because there is a possibility they are no good but I am doubtful that they are the cause of the engine not starting. Contacted Charles Trent who say only the block and head are covered by the warranty and basically send it back if I’m unhappy but on top of the 1200 I have spent 1000 in labour and parts so I don’t want it taken back out. If anyone could help or have any suggestions I would be so grateful as I’m losing My mind and my bank balance is dwindling rapidly.
Tia x

Edited by Ellie25 on 11/03/2019 at 21:49

Cmax grand - Ford C-Max grand won’t run - elekie&a/c doctor

More info would be helpful. I will assume this is a diesel, so what size engine do you have?

Sorry I forgot to write that, it’s a 1.6 tdci
Cmax grand - Ford C-Max grand won’t run - elekie&a/c doctor

Really need some real time data from the engine control system to go further. What are engine cranking speed and fuel pressure readings? You say the cambelt has been replaced, but has the rear camshaft drive chain been checked?

i was informed that the fuel pressure speed was 8000psi, does that make any sense?

I will call mechanic and ask the other questions.

I spoke to him this morning he said that when he starts it with quick start it runs smoothly in idle but if you give it any revs up to 1500 its really rough and over 1500 it is smoother.

Also the first mechanic was able to drive it for 8 miles but it was really juddery, he changed the egr valve and it hasn't started on its own again.

I am considering getting the vehicle towed to a main dealer so they can plug their diagnostics in but its £90per hour labour and I have laready spent so much.

Thanks for replying