What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
2007 honda civic 2.2 ctdi - Stuck/broken ABS sensor, can it be tapped through? - carnut1980

Hi all, i went to change my ABS sensor, OSF, as i have 5 different lights on my dash relating to it, of course, i broke it trying to remove it. I can't pull out what remains, with thin nose pliers, theres not enough sticking out. What is the best, simple solution to removing the rest? I have the new sensor ready to fit! Cheers!

2007 honda civic 2.2 ctdi - Stuck/broken ABS sensor, can it be tapped through? - elekie&a/c doctor
No way do you want to tap it through, you will end up damaging the reluctor ring. I would use a small flame blow torch and burn it out ,then extract the remains carefully. Before fitting the new sensor, make sure it is a nice slide fit ,without any obstruction . Do not force it home.
2007 honda civic 2.2 ctdi - Stuck/broken ABS sensor, can it be tapped through? - carnut1980

Thanks, but i dont have a blow torch, is it possible to screw in a screw, then pull the lot out with a claw hammer?

2007 honda civic 2.2 ctdi - Stuck/broken ABS sensor, can it be tapped through? - elekie&a/c doctor
Probably not. You are likely to do more damage. You need a micro flame butane torch to burn it out, and gently prise the remainder out of the hole.
2007 honda civic 2.2 ctdi - Stuck/broken ABS sensor, can it be tapped through? - hardway

If that works then good,

the sensor is shot so you can hardly make it worse.

I have had to in the past to resort to removing the driveshaft C/V so as to tap it UP as it were.

A bit long winded but got the job done.