M-B: 1. Bargain oil change 2. Servicing - Roger Jones
I had Kwik-Fit put 7.5 litres of Mobil 1 in my car yesterday, for which they charged me £43.44 -- about £20 less than the retail price of two four-litre packs. This cost was actually higher than I anticipated, but I think the guy who gave me the original quote must have got the wrong line in his reference book. Their pricing scheme seems to be basically £4.99 a litre for Mobil semi-synthetic and £6.99 for Mobil 1 -- hence it was a special bargain, for what reason I'm not at all sure.

I watched the process, not having done the job myself. Many, many minutes were spent trying to find the filter canister on the engine block, which reminded me of feeling foolish when I took ages to find the sump plug on my Golf VR6, which is hiding at the back at an angle. Anyway, in case anyone else doesn't yet know, the filter canister in a Mercedes-Benz E320 Coupé is well hidden at the back of the engine and not at all easy to unscrew.

And, while I'm here, it may be of use to others to know that I have had written confirmation from RAC Warranty that the extended warranty on the MB does not require main-dealer servicing, provided that "the vehicle is still serviced in accordance with the manufacturer's schedule and that any parts fitted must be main agent parts". Hence, the independent chap who services my Golf will now get the MB too.
M-B: 1. Bargain oil change 2. Servicing - jc
Funny about Kwik-fit;I went in for an exhaust,got a quote and then when my car was up in the air with no exhaust ,they said"Oh,you've got that system on,that's another £30!!!"
M-B: 1. Bargain oil change 2. Servicing - eMBe {P}
Kwik-fit mobil1 Oil: Their web site says £34 (any car any amount) Mobil1 oil + filter change. You paid £9.44 too much.

By the way, which brand of filter did they use? Did you get your service book stamped and/or service interval lights (if you have them in E320 coupe?) reset?
M-B: 1. Bargain oil change 2. Servicing - Aprilia
"Many, many minutes were spent trying to find the filter canister on the engine block"

Very confidence-inspiring! Did they use an MB filter?
M-B: 1. Bargain oil change 2. Servicing - Doyle
I had Kwik-Fit put 7.5 litres of Mobil 1 in my
car yesterday, for which they charged me £43.44 --

I had 6.5 lts in my Espace v6 on Friday,at Kwik Fit, Erith , Kent, for £34.00.( as per web site ) You paid too much mate :(

Doyle
M-B: 1. Bargain oil change 2. Servicing - Tynesider
A friend of mine just topped up the oil on his mini when it needed some - didn't beleive in this 6 month change (like I do) at £20+ and used about 10 litres (2 large cans) in 100,000 miles then crashed it so never did find out how far he could go without the oil needing changing. Is there a lesson there somewhere?
M-B: 1. Bargain oil change 2. Servicing - Andrew-T
T/s - Assuming that was an original-type Mini, your friend was pushing his luck, as the oil is shared between sump and gearbox IIRC. Must have been a horrid treacly mess - no wonder he didn't want to change it!
M-B: 1. Bargain oil change 2. Servicing - nipsy
Roger says he does not need M-B servicing to maintain his warrenty which is fair enough for his car which I presume is prior 1998 - when mobilo-life was introduced - as he has a an independant warranty but care newer M-B owners. My handbook states that mobilo-life is in addition to the warranty terms "always provided that from the start of the fifth year of registration regular servicing has been carried out by the M-B organisation " etc "the car should have been serviced not more than 2 yrs previously at the time of the claim"
What I do on my 4 yr old cor is take the annual service from M-B but have the oil changed independently - and I like the sound of the Kwik-Fit with Mobil 1. What make of filter did they use as I would like to check with M-B if it would be compatible
M-B: 1. Bargain oil change 2. Servicing - smokie
They used a Coopers on my MV6, which learned folk here judged to be OK.
M-B: 1. Bargain oil change 2. Servicing - Doyle
Coopers on the espace also.

Doyle