Any - Spare wheel - dan86

I recently purchased a 2015 Nissan qashqai and I knew it didn't come with a spare wheel I knew one could be purchased for it. The dealer wanted £350 For the wheel tyre and Jack ect. After browsing eBay I have just purchased a supposedly genuine brand new wheel tyre ect for £125.

Why do dealers think they can charg so much for something that can be had much cheaper online?

Any - Spare wheel - gordonbennet

I suspect it's a bit like the way overpriced paint protection GAP tyre insurance and all the other rubbish they apparently are compelled to go through with you at the point of ordering.

It's those things that give the sales person large commisions, so are overpriced to suit, all are available for a fraction of the cost elsewhere (for those who have the ability to think for themselves), but they're trying to get you bamboozled and signed up in the heat of the moment.

Ypu are probably very right GB but when purchasing the car i didn't take any of it I made it clear I know where to get these products for a fraction of the price if I want them. The only thing I was interested in was the extended warranty as it was from a main dealer and very comprehensive.

I'm no rookie to buying cars and have bought from auction to private seller and all different kinds of dealer. They know when they are dealing with someone who tjey can't trick in to buying their extra services and leave it at that, or that is my experience.

Any - Spare wheel - Andrew-T

I'm no rookie to buying cars ...

I'm a bit surprised that as a non-rookie you bother with an extended warranty - unless you get it very cheap, of course.

Very cheap as I paid £100 For 4 years and got them to throw in 2 services as well. It was the end of the month and he must have wanted to hit his target

Edited by dan86 on 28/07/2018 at 21:39

Any - Spare wheel - Bromptonaut

Was the dealer quoting £350 the same one as sold you the car?

My Roomster (used) was offered with what was presumably the gunk'n'pump set up it left factory with. Told dealer I'd take it as (recently significantly reduced) screen price if they included a spare wheel and jack.

Deal done.

Spare was clean and unused but may have been swapped from another car. OTOH it was supplied at cost rather than faffing about quoting retail prices.

Any - Spare wheel - Theophilus

Nissan dealer was looking for easy profit - I bought a spare wheel / jack / wheel-brace for my Toyota Verso a couple of years ago from the local main Toyota dealer - price all in £135.01

Edited by Theophilus on 28/07/2018 at 15:29

Any - Spare wheel - Smileyman

Not everyone knows what to look for, having the dealer offer the right product takes the worry of a mistaken purchase off their mind ... or if a company car then price ceases to be as relevant, if at all ....

Now decide where to put the punctured wheel whilst the spare is in use ... if the spare is spacesaver the full size wheel may not fit the same storage bay and if boot is full of luggage then there may be the need to place it in the passenger cabin. (Still better than being stranded roadside, perhaps in an unpleasant location, or being forced to buy whatever the recovery agent can find, and at an inflated price too)

I'd rather be able to put on a space saver and have to put some luggage in the passenger compartment than have to use the gunk or wait for the RAC and pay extortionate prices to a tyre fitter in the middle of the night.