What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
2003 Ford Focus 1.6 auto Zetec - How to find out the paint colour name of my car - bluenun

I would like to order some touch up paint and need to find out the name (not the code) of my paint colour.

It is a dark blue but I cannot find the name on my Registration documents, it just says "Blue".

Is there a way to find this out?

2003 Ford Focus 1.6 auto Zetec - How to find out the paint colour name of my car - elekie&a/c doctor

Give the main dealer a call with the reg # or vin # .They will be able to identify the colour from this .Alternatively try here;www.etis.ford.com/home.do

2003 Ford Focus 1.6 auto Zetec - How to find out the paint colour name of my car - badbusdriver

First thing i would try is type "Ford paint (followed by code" into google and see what comes up. Though i am curious to know why you need to know the name of the colour as opposed to the code?. Surely if ordering a touch up pencil all you need is the code?

Edited by badbusdriver on 24/06/2018 at 22:08

2003 Ford Focus 1.6 auto Zetec - How to find out the paint colour name of my car - badbusdriver

If you enter the make, model, year and paint code into this, it should give you the name,

www.carcolourservices.co.uk/colour-code/

2003 Ford Focus 1.6 auto Zetec - How to find out the paint colour name of my car - EoinT Dub
There should a metal plate either on the driver’s B pillar or in the engine bay, one of the codes listed is the paint code. There are a few touch-up paint sites that show you where to look and also give you the code name if you type it in.
There should a metal plate either on the driver’s B pillar or in the engine bay, one of the codes listed is the paint code. There are a few touch-up paint sites that show you where to look and also give you the code name if you type it in.

That is pretty much the reason i wondered why the OP wanted the name and not the code. I took it to be they have the code, but if so, you can order touch up paint with that. If fact, i seem to remember that some manufacturers have more than one shade of paint with the same name, so the code itself is more likely to get you the correct paint.

2003 Ford Focus 1.6 auto Zetec - How to find out the paint colour name of my car - bluenun

Thank-you very much for the replies.

Oddly enought there are no stickers on any of my door pillars.

The VIN number is in the drivers side foot well and under the bonnet but I could not find anything paint related.

I was able to find out the colour from the link in the first reply.

Thanks again.