What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda civic 2.2 ctdi 2007 - Honda Civic 2.2 fuel flap won't lock - carnut1980

My fuel flap shuts but doesn't lock. The small plunger/cylinder thing pushes in and out fine, but i can't get the flap to lock no matter how hard i push, please help?

Honda civic 2.2 ctdi 2007 - Honda Civic 2.2 fuel flap won't lock - Stephen scrimshaw
Just check that when you get out your car to refuel that you have not locked your car and filler cap via the ignition key.
Unlock your car and your flap should push in.
Honda civic 2.2 ctdi 2007 - Honda Civic 2.2 fuel flap won't lock - focussed
Just check that when you get out your car to refuel that you have not locked your car and filler cap via the ignition key. Unlock your car and your flap should push in.

It doesn't work like that on an 07 Civic - the fuel flap is operated by a bowden cable from the lever in the driver's footwell, one of the levers is the bonnet release the other is the fuel flap release.

I would suspect the the cable is stiff and not letting the lock plunger return to allow the flap to lock.

The cable assembly is item 35 on this parts list.

www.lingshondaparts.com/honda_car_parts_selection_...r

Edited by focussed on 17/06/2018 at 22:09

Honda civic 2.2 ctdi 2007 - Honda Civic 2.2 fuel flap won't lock - KJP 123

So, basically, a minor part on an old car has broken.

Honda civic 2.2 ctdi 2007 - Honda Civic 2.2 fuel flap won't lock - Surreydriver

It is a common fault on this car. Try a search on civinfo.com. My car had the spring on the wrong side of the filler flap. A small nut and bolt to hold the flap flat will also help.

The plunger pushes in easily with my finger. Though it does spring back out. When i pull the fuel flap release in drivers footwell, there is noise at the flap. Could it be that the flap is easily pushing the plunger to the side when i open it by hand?

Sorry can't help you - I don't have a Civic any more or I would have had a look for you!

Sorted this issue, was simple and i was overthinking it. The thin metal flap that pushes the plastic tab under the fuel flap, onto the plunger, was the wrong side of the plastic tab, pushing it away from plunger instead of towards it.

Easily adjusted by hand.

Still having issues with radio reception though, is the amplifier hard to get at, in the tailgate?

cheers

I suggest you join www.civinfo.com/ the forums there are a mine of information.

Honda civic 2.2 ctdi 2007 - Honda Civic 2.2 fuel flap won't lock - Surreydriver

And read the suggestions to your problem.

Honda civic 2.2 ctdi 2007 - Honda Civic 2.2 fuel flap won't lock - Bowden_94

It's annoying how simple this fix was. But, at least it's now sorted!!