Ford b max zetec navigator auto - 12 month old Finance car Total loss - Jayne walters
Hi everyone. I am new to this forum. My car was involved in a crash on eve of 14th feb. My car is a total loss other parties fault but went through my own insurance as I didn’t want to be conned. Anyway they first kept me in the dark that I was entitled to a replacement vehicle it was GAP insurance who told me. Now I was asked to contact ford which I did but I contacted my dealer who said they don’t make ford b max in automatic anymore.
Told insurance when they should’ve been contacted ford finance which I confirmed with ford finance.they are going down the total loss route regardless and not offering me a replacement car claiming it’s hit the 12 month mark anyway but I would say at the time of accident it wasn’t?

What are my rights? I have paid 2000 deposit and won’t get that back neither the one year instalments. I suppose cars lose value anyway. What would you do in this situation complain or start looking for a new car?

Thanks for reading
Regards,

Edited by Jayne walters on 07/03/2018 at 17:55

Ford b max zetec navigator auto - 12 month old Finance car Total loss - RobJP

If you took out GAP insurance then I'm not really sure what you are complaining about. The gap insurance will pay out the difference between what your insurer pays out (the current value), and the price paid for the car. So you won't be losing out at all.