2011 Mercedes C220 BlueEFFECIENCY - Thick White smoke from exhaust and burning smell - Elegnem555
Hi all.

I’ve had this car just over a week and it’s been perfect.

Today I nipped out literally round the corner to pick the Mrs up and a huge cloud of thick white greyish smoke came right out of the exhaust. I got out and there was a burning smell, I think it was oily but could have been plastic. Like a burning plastic bag.

Drove back and started again when I reduced speed.

I’m waiting for the AA to come and called the dealer I bought it from, who had a “meh” sort of attitude, still waiting for his call back! ( it’s been a long 10 minutes!!)

I’ve checked the engine, coolant is still there, checked the oil, no residue around the cap but smells a little.

No warning lights at all and engine sounds fine, no loss of power or any detected leakage underneath.

I’ve had numerous head gasket and cylinder head failures on other cars and this is my uneducated guess it will be a head gasket failure.

No smoke coming from the engine and the engine doesn’t appear to have any smells.

I’m completely expecting the worse but could it possibly be something other than the head gasket?

Any advice will be much appreciated. Thank you.