What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
2016 honda jazz earth dreams 1.3 petrol engine - valve adjustment - inanimate

can the valve clearances be adjusted on this particular engine as the car i have

sounds like a sewing machine at idle,many thanks

2016 honda jazz earth dreams 1.3 petrol engine - valve adjustment - elekie&a/c doctor

Perhaps ask the supplying dealer?If it has a problem,then hopefully it will be covered under the warranty.

2016 honda jazz earth dreams 1.3 petrol engine - valve adjustment - Big John

Check with the dealer - but it will be the direct injection (which this later 1.3 has) and high pressure fuel pump which can be noisyish - normal

This is a brand new car so valve clearances shouldn't be an issue and they will be automatically adjusted (hydraulic)

Edited by Big John on 20/12/2016 at 20:43

2016 honda jazz earth dreams 1.3 petrol engine - valve adjustment - nortones2

Think they are still purely mechanical. Feeler gauges required at say 60K.

2016 honda jazz earth dreams 1.3 petrol engine - valve adjustment - Big John

Blimey I didn't realise that modern cars still had manually adjustable tappets!

This is good in my eyes as in the past I've had trouble with hydraulic tappets as the miles pile on - saying that not had any problems in the last two decades, probably because I always prefer shorter service intervals

Edited by Big John on 22/12/2016 at 11:36

2016 honda jazz earth dreams 1.3 petrol engine - valve adjustment - inanimate

many thanks for that big john much appreciated

2016 honda jazz earth dreams 1.3 petrol engine - valve adjustment - Bolt

Every one I looked at in Honda dealers did that, they all had noisy injectors, but like my daughters they quieten down after a while and you cannot hear them

Nice engine and economical:)