What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus ecoboost 1.0 ltr - 100 - Vibration on tickover - Harry L

I noticed a small water leak in a 2 year 9 month old car - looked ilke water pump area - took it to local Ford dealer who said it wasnt water pump but was serious and advised not to drive and was covered under warranty.

Dealer couldnt obtain parts in UK and had to source from Germany and the car would be needed for two days - I think he said it was the main engine seal but not totally sure of that decription.

Job was done under warranty and returned but immediately noticed it vibrated on tickover - the vibration was through the pedals, steering wheel and gear stick.

Took it back to dealer who did various electronic tests and said 2 plugs were faulty - a service was due at the time of the repair so had that done at the same time so new plugs had been fitted but '2 were faulty' - sounds bulls*** to me.

Car returned but still vibrating so took it back again - full electronic diagnostics performed but said dealer there is nothing wrong.

I have checked viabration in other cars in the family by laying a water bottle on the dash and watching the ripples which are quite significant on the Focus but non-existent on an 06 plate Astra with 116k miles on the clock.

Any ideas what the cause might be, how to get the dealer to acknowledge there is a problem and where to go for inependent advice or arbitration.