What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda CRV EX 2012 auto - CRV 2012 Blutooth cannot be paired with Iphone 6s - Falkirk Bairn

I was given a new phones as a present to replace Blackberry which was ageing - still worked as a phone but the apps did not.

Cannot pair new phone 6S with CRV Blutooth. Apple phone does not see Honda HFT (Hands Free Telephone) - pushed the buttons, watched video clips & I seem to be doing nothing wrong

Any ideas?

Honda CRV EX 2012 auto - CRV 2012 Blutooth cannot be paired with Iphone 6s - Railroad.
The main reason why I've moved away from an iPhone in favour of a Samsung Galaxy. They just don't connect to anything easily like Android phones do.
Honda CRV EX 2012 auto - CRV 2012 Blutooth cannot be paired with Iphone 6s - Falkirk Bairn

Solved the problem.

I was looking in the wrong place for help/tips. I was looking at car sites, ICE sites etc

Out of interest I joined an Apple site & asked the question.

The solution was to

1) Switch off the blutooth, then switch off the I-phone.

2) Prepare the Hands Free by putting it into "pairing mode". This scans for about 2/3 mins.

3) Switch on the Iphone - it then found the HFT (Honda Hands Free)

4) Enter the 4 digit code (0000 is the Std Code unless you have changed it)

Job Done!

Lesson - look around for help (in my case Apple), not necessarily a car related site.

Edited by Falkirk Bairn on 27/09/2016 at 16:08