What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus 2010 - Side light problems - Steve adi
Hi I've had a problem with the drivers side, side light.it started with the light blowing I'd never replaced a bulb in the focus so went to Halfords they did this,after a few weeks I noticed the headlamp going milky above the bulb,returned it to Halfords after a conversation they agreed to replace the headlamp. After a few weeks the fault returned. I've had the power to the bulb checked and it's ok.
Can any one help as Halfords have said its the cars wiring.please help.
Steve adi
Ford Focus 2010 - Side light problems - Bobby.Z

Check the ground wire, seems an imperfect contact.

Ford Focus 2010 - Side light problems - elekie&a/c doctor

Never seen a wiring fault on one of these lights.If the lamp is going milky,then either the wrong bulb has been fitted ,or damp/moisture is getting into the headlight.Was the replacement headlight a genuine Ford part?

Hi, Halfords replaced the headlamp with a none ford part the first fault started after they fitted the side light,when I say milky it appeares to me that it burning the headlight.
Ford Focus 2010 - Side light problems - hardway

Side lights are 5W,

I just cant see that wattage bulb doing anything much,

Mains are 45W!

they produce a lot more heat and don't usually damage lenses.

Besides Execces heat usually from a side light would mean damage from the heat to the bulb holder.

Any?

Hi when Halfords changed the head lamp they never showed me any damage to the bulb holder so I'm just waiting to see if the problem returns I do a lot of night driving so it should return soon
Thanks for the help.