What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus Combi 2008 1.6tdci 80kw - Ratle sound 1.6tdci Ford Focus G8DB - 3uga

Hi!

First of all, pardon my eglish. It.s not my first language.

I own a Ford Focus from 2008, with the dv6 engine that has 80kw. A while back I started hearing some strange noises from the engine. These noises are similar to what you hear on a car with a faulty DMF, a ratle wich apear aywhere from 1200rpm and disapears just when reaching aprox 1700-1800rpm. I do not think the ratle is DMF related because I am not experiencing variations in the idle speed or hard vibrations through the chasis similar to my past experience with the faulty DMF on a VW T5.

From what I read on this website, it could be the crank pulley but I'm trying to get advice for my particular case.

Thank you !

Can anyone help ?

Ford Focus Combi 2008 1.6tdci 80kw - Ratle sound 1.6tdci Ford Focus G8DB - Peter.N.

Does the noise stop when you take your foot off the accelerator? If so its probably an injector fault.

Yes the sound stops. Recently I noticed that the sound stops even when I partyaly press the clutch.

Managed to get underneath the car for some ither problems regarding vacuum leaks. A nut on the gearbox/ antiroll / torque mount (i dont know what its caled) was loose for the aparent reason that the mechanic saw fit to losen it when replacing the dpf, but didnt remeber to tighten it back.

The rathle aparantly stoped and I'm hoping that did the job.

Still have vacuume leaks, more precisly the vnt works haoticly veing opend corectly but closing slowly for no reason other than a posible vacuum leak wich ive not been able to find and im now looking at a posible foulty turbocharger pressure coverter or controler as i seen it named on parts site