What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
1.25 Style Climate 2008 - Ford Fiesta central locking broken - albeck
Hi

The issues are:

- unlocking boot doesn't always work by double-pressing remote key

- interior light doesn't always switch off

- central locking locks then automatically unlocks (with remote key and spare key)

If I lock the passenger door from within the central locking appears to work. I've removed the passenger door panels, cleaned contacts on door switch and checked multi pin plug is a tight fit on both doors. I couldn't see any broken wires but don't have a circuit diagram to test connections. Any advice most welcome.

The clock spring also needs replacing to cure the airbag always on light but I expect this is a separate issue to the central locking.

Many thanks
1.25 Style Climate 2008 - Ford Fiesta central locking broken - elekie&a/c doctor

Sounds like you have a problem with one of the door latches.It is usually the drivers door , .The interior light contact is part of the latch.

Thanks. Would this involve taking the panels off the driver's door. Is the contact in a sealed switch unit? Would a faulty light cause the central locking to act up?
If I lock the passenger door from inside the central locking and light work ok. Seems the fault is in the passenger door. Help please
1.25 Style Climate 2008 - Ford Fiesta central locking broken - elekie&a/c doctor

Lock followed by unlock means the system has detected an "open door" condition.From your description,it does look like a fault with the passenger lock/latch unit,because by pushing the lock lever on this door,you are overiding the electric function.Access to the latch is a bit of a mission,as the complete innards of the door need to be removed.