Ford Fiesta - Water on driveway - keymoo

53 Plate, 5 door.

Just noticed a small amount of fluid on driveway, came from under the engine. After parked for half an hour, about a golf ball shaped amount appeared.

Can I top up the coolant with water to get it to the garage for an inspection? Or does it have to be special stuff? It's not oil, so I'm assuming coolant.

Ford Fiesta - Water on driveway - elekie&a/c doctor

Does your a/con work ,if fitted?have you had it switched on today?

Yes, factory fitted. Air conditioning was used today. Amount of fluid after an hour was about the size of a human head.

Edited by keymoo on 11/05/2015 at 23:23

If it is clear water,then it is probably condensate from the ac system,nothing to worry about and perfectly normal.

Thanks can't really tell if it's clear or not. If it's coolant can I just top it up with tap water?

Small quantiy of tap water will be fine.Anything over half litre will need water /antifreeze mix.Also check coolant level with engine cold.
Ford Fiesta - Water on driveway - skidpan

It will without doubt be from the A/C. Perfectly normal if you don't switch it off about 10 minutes before stopping the car as per the manual.

If it did happen to be water form the cooling system do not simply top up and forget it, take it to a garage and get the leak fixed.

Ford Fiesta - Water on driveway - galileo

Thanks can't really tell if it's clear or not. If it's coolant can I just top it up with tap water?

Dip finger in it, dab finger on tongue, if it is condensate from aircon it will taste like water, if it tastes of antifreeze you have a leak.

Ford Fiesta - Water on driveway - bathtub tom
Dip finger in it, dab finger on tongue, if it is condensate from aircon it will taste like water, if it tastes of antifreeze you have a leak.

If it tastes of cat wee, you won't do that again!