What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
ford fiesta zetec 2014 - tyres - sqirell

we have just had our first service at 4000 miles, when we drove home and checked the dealers sheets, everthing looked perfect! and i noticed they had checked the tyre pressures.

whilst walking around the car i glanced at the front tyre, and on closer inspection found to my horror, age cracks in the grooves of the rubber, i then checked the other tyres, which had the same cracking!!, not noticed by the dealer i might add!.

on my older cars, 1960s, if i saw this type of cracking i would not use the vehicle as it was aged!, but these tyres where dated 2013 and hardly any milage!

continental conti premium contact 3

at 80 mph i wonder if they would be safe, or, start to shred!!

ford fiesta zetec 2014 - tyres - skidpan

Does still happen. Had what they call "microcracking" on a set of Michelins a couple of years ago on the sidewalls and between the tread blocks. Spoke to Michelin who confirmed they were garanteed for 6 years from the date of manufacture (its moulded into the sidewall). They inspected them and I got about £200 towards a new set. Not bad after 3 years. Just to add it passeed an MOT with them on about 2 weeks before I spotted them and the tester did not even comment about the cracks.

Tyres are garanteed by the tyre maker and not Ford (or any vehicle manufactuer for that matter). Suggest you speak to Conti and they will direct you to their nearest "official" retailer. used to be National Tyres. I had Contis replaced back in the 80's FOC with the same problem as your have.