What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Mondeo - alloy repair - S40 Man

Anyone had an alloy repaired? Hit pot hole last week and side rim got dented and tyre flat. Its an aftermarket alloy no longer made. My options appear to be get alloy repaired, get a new similar looking alloy, get a 2nd had set off (of 4) flea bay or swap back to my steel wheels that came with car. Tyres have 6-7 mm on and its £13 a corner for rebalancing. Any suggestions?

Ford Mondeo - alloy repair - conman

DON'T FORGET TO TAKE PHOTOS OF THE POT HOLE AND THE WHEEL AND SUBMIT A CLAIM TO THE LOCAL COUNCIL. IF YOU CANNOT GET A SIMILAR WHEEL THEN PUT A CLAIM IN FOR A NEW SET. THE ROADS ARE SO BAD NOW i BELIEVE THE COUNCILS ARE PAYING OUT £1000'S FOR REPAIRS TO CARS,. i HAVE A CLAIM IN AT THE MOMENT.

Ford Mondeo - alloy repair - skidpan

Many years ago (probably 25) I hit a pothole which damaged 2 wheels and left witness marks on the sidewalls of 2 tyres. Following day I went back and took photos and whilst I was doing this a lady walked down the adjacent drive and asked me what I was doing. Told her and she said he was fed up reporting the holes to the council and that she was more than happy to write me a letter confirming that the hole had been reported several times and never repaired.

So I sent in a copy of the letter to the council with the photo's who sent the standard reply basically saying sorry, tough luck explaining their inspection schedule. I replied pointing out that the letter from the property owner clearly showed that they had been told about the pot hole and done nothing. I then got a letter asking me to get a quote for 2 wheels and tyres which they accepted. Sent them the receipts (pointing out that the tyre receipt was for 4 since they were on offer and I decided to get 2 extra for later and save us both money). Daft sods sent me a cheque for 2 wheels and 4 tyres.

Result.

Ford Mondeo - alloy repair - Happy Blue!

Lots of places with refurb an alloy for £50 per corner.

Ford Mondeo - alloy repair - S40 Man

Thanks for the suggestions, will make claim with council, already have photos. All potholes had orange paint spots on them so presumably council were aware. Re the wheels the originals were wolfrace Asia-tec triads no longer made. Wolfrace do similar looking one called poison for £100 searched around a good while and found sister company alutec alloys identical looking wheel and name for £70 ea? What's in a name similar to Skoda vs Audi I suppose same thing but different name only and different price