What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
'98 Ford Fiesta Ghia 1.25 16v - MOT failure, emissions & corrosion. - parkodrive

Took my car in yesterday and it, as per the title, it failed.

The link: drive.google.com/file/d/0By7pkW9WDOQTQXpSQjFRdmdfM...g

shows precisely what on, but in a nutshell, lots of corrosion around the rear sills and seat belt anchorage and emissions at idle and fast idle. The corrosion I already know how to resolve: welding, lots of welding.

As for the emissions, is there anything in particular I should be looking for? Anything to zero in on to get it through the retest?

'98 Ford Fiesta Ghia 1.25 16v - MOT failure, emissions & corrosion. - Chris M

Sounds like it may be time for it to meet its' maker?

That's a few hundred quids worth of welding plus whatever it costs to fix the emissions. Has the air filter and plugs been changed recently?

'98 Ford Fiesta Ghia 1.25 16v - MOT failure, emissions & corrosion. - skidpan

Not worth fixing a 15 year old car with those faults. When you start welding the repairs needed could be huge.

'98 Ford Fiesta Ghia 1.25 16v - MOT failure, emissions & corrosion. - parkodrive

I cleaned out the filter and MAF out a couple of months ago which solved an issue with power loss at 3.5k rpm but nothing else has been changed in the last year since I've had the car. Personally I think it could be over fuling but I'm not sure.

'98 Ford Fiesta Ghia 1.25 16v - MOT failure, emissions & corrosion. - madf

I cleaned out the filter and MAF out a couple of months ago which solved an issue with power loss at 3.5k rpm but nothing else has been changed in the last year since I've had the car. Personally I think it could be over fuling but I'm not sure.

If it's running rich, I suggest a NEW air filter foirst.

Then a New MAF

And that may not solve the problem: maybe one of the many sensors has failed.. Get the codes read.

drive.google.com/file/d/0By7pkW9WDOQTZm9Cc1dyTGw3R...g

Forgot a link showing the emission test sheet. With the values being so far out, could it be the catalytic converter thats failed?

'98 Ford Fiesta Ghia 1.25 16v - MOT failure, emissions & corrosion. - elekie&a/c doctor

The emissions are way too rich.You will need to get a diagnostic tester plugged in to enable the actual values/live data can be assessed.Could be a lambda sensor not working correctly.

Without a diagnostic, is there something that would indicate if it is one or the other?