What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Mondeo Estate - mk4 Mondeo brake lights - S40 Man

My mk4 mondeo blows a tail/stop light really frequently. A bulb seems to last about 1 month only. I got a box of 10 oFF eBay for £2 and its a 2 Min job. Still its annoying, any ideas for solution. I've tried decent bulbs also. They are frequently white/misted up when i remove them? Too much currant?

Ford Mondeo Estate - mk4 Mondeo brake lights - elekie&a/c doctor
Buy from e-bay.Buy cheap buy twice.As you have found out.
Ford Mondeo Estate - mk4 Mondeo brake lights - Galaxy

I got a box of 10 oFF eBay for £2 and its a 2 Min job

Yes, exactly. As Elekie rightly says, that's your problem!

Go to a Ford Main Dealer and buy some decent quality ones.

Ford Mondeo Estate - mk4 Mondeo brake lights - S40 Man

I've tried decent bulbs also. I got some from halfords £3.50 for 2 they blew too.I don't think it's cheap bulbs as is the problem.

Ford Mondeo Estate - mk4 Mondeo brake lights - MrEckerslikefromRamsbottom

Well, first of all identify whether it's the brake light or the sidelight filament which is blowing. If it's the 5w sidelight filament, we have to ask if they are flickering due to, say, a corroded connection (as with the brake light filament). You could do with someone following your car to see if the lights do flicker. If it's the brake light filament blowing, then a possible cause could be the switch on the brake pedal. Check if that's loose. The most likely cause would be a corroded earth connection.