What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus Estate 2007 tdci - Diesel focus running rough - Jimmythejoe
Hi , just after a bit of advice if any one can help
I have a 2007 diesel focus , high mileage its a taxi , just been through. It's taxi test & passed without any marks against it. However it's just started running loud on acceleleration & if you take you're foot off and cruise its still loud. Stops if you drop gears. Sounds a bit like a cross between over revving-slipping belt -blowing exhaust
Thought it maybe slipping clutch but there's no loss of power or catching up with revs & I figure any exhaust probs would of shown up on test
Could do without being off the road again so any advice would be greatly appreciated
I should add fault is intermittent
Cheers in advance
Ford Focus Estate 2007 tdci - Diesel focus running rough - Peter.N.

If its louder on acceleration I would say its definitly the exhaust.

the noise continues if you brake though, had a quick look under it last night & everything seems ok,
Been looking on some other threads & wheel bearings seem to come up a bit
Have a proper look today whilst I'm giving the wheels a good once over
Cheers

right so iv looked over the exhaust & it seems ok plus no extra noise if you rev at a standstill, devolopedinto a more constant low rumble type noise thatyou can hear driving in a straight line, gets worse if ypu bear right & stops if you bear left . no noise with full lock on. ive just moved all the wheels from the left to the right side & vice versa but the noise still stops on a left turn and gets worse on a right

BAFFLED