Ford Fiesta Zetec S - 3dr Hatchback - rusty van next door - thunderbird

The chap next door has a rusty van and its parked only about 3 feet from my very sporty Fiesta. I have noticed that his girlfriend never parks her Corsa closer than about 20 feet away.

People at work tell me this is because rust transfers from one car to another and will eventually write mine off.

What can I do about it.

Do you think the chap would stop parking his van on the drive if I asked him.

Am I right to be worried.

Edited by thunderbird on 16/10/2014 at 14:55

Ford Fiesta Zetec S - 3dr Hatchback - rusty van next door - mss1tw

The chap next door has a rusty van and its parked only about 3 feet from my very sporty Fiesta. I have noticed that his girlfriend never parks her Corsa closer than about 20 feet away.

People at work tell me this is because rust transfers from one car to another and will eventually write mine off.

What can I do about it.

YES. Tell him to move his van. You can use the words 'crappy' 'rust bucket' to speed up the process.

On an unrelated matter, how fast can you run?

Ford Fiesta Zetec S - 3dr Hatchback - rusty van next door - Bolt

What can I do about it.

If you believe that you will believe anything............

Ford Fiesta Zetec S - 3dr Hatchback - rusty van next door - gordonbennet

That was a long sleep, April 1st already?

Ford Fiesta Zetec S - 3dr Hatchback - rusty van next door - The-Mechanic

I was going to suggest planting some miniature conifers or similar, densely foliaged hardy perennials between the drives as these are famous for slowing the progress of the airborne rust particles but seeing as you have THE most sportiest of Fiesta's, I'd say be very careful as the Zetec S is notorious for attracting stray branches which will cause irreparable damage to any paintwork that comes into contact with the bumper or bonnet.

Even the smallest scratch will render the whole car unusable due to severe weakening of the whole body shell. This is greatly exacerbated if a rusty vehicle (vans especially) are parked within a 50 foot radius of your car.

The only way to be safe in circumstances such as yours is to move immediately to a detached property with a safe zone of at least 150 metres where no other rusty vehicles can enter or pass by. This will ensure total safety and piece of mind for you.

Ford Fiesta Zetec S - 3dr Hatchback - rusty van next door - mss1tw

The only way to be safe in circumstances such as yours is to move immediately to a detached property with a safe zone of at least 150 metres ...

And no internet connection. ;)

Ford Fiesta Zetec S - 3dr Hatchback - rusty van next door - Andrew-T

< deleted> lol.

Edited by Andrew-T on 17/10/2014 at 11:04

Ford Fiesta Zetec S - 3dr Hatchback - rusty van next door - dan86

Some people will believe anything.

Ford Fiesta Zetec S - 3dr Hatchback - rusty van next door - FP

I suggest you form a group with JamieM9021 and drive each other mad. You both have fragile sporty Fiestas and weak minds.

(But I think that's where you're coming from anyway. If I'm right - a nice piece of irony!)

Edited by FP on 17/10/2014 at 12:13

Ford Fiesta Zetec S - 3dr Hatchback - rusty van next door - Ordovices

Rust would only transfer in this manner if your car was a VW or low mileage diesel. I would also worry about the possibility of DMF failure contagions if it were the latter.

One way to avoid this menacing migration would be a complete oil and filter change every 3,000 miles or 6 months, whichever comes sooner.

Ford Fiesta Zetec S - 3dr Hatchback - rusty van next door - tdc

Thankfully,due to a reasonable summer,the rust mite population has mostly died off.....but they will regroup.California this is not.For the winter salt-stice, I will be replacing my three vehicles with one each of carbon fibre,stainless steel and unobtainium.