What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Citroen C3 auto 1.4 2002 plate - fair pricing of fitting shocks and retainin units. - awasawas

I really want to know what the normal cost for fitting two new front shocks including new retainers.

I live in North London so I know the cost is going to be more than in Sunderland or S. Wales.

Garage quote is £425 inclusive.

Thanks.

Citroen C3 auto 1.4 2002 plate - fair pricing of fitting shocks and retainin units. - Chris79
I just had 2 rear shocks fitted to an 07 corsa. 144.00 all in. It's best to get a few quotes and go from there. If you go on the web you can see the prices of new shock absorbers from major websites then you just need to see how much the labour charge is.
Citroen C3 auto 1.4 2002 plate - fair pricing of fitting shocks and retainin units. - retgwte

I live in the South East but often have expensive work on cars done when I am elsewhere in the country. If youre going on holiday to Scotland or similar just book it in at the same time. Works for me.

Citroen C3 auto 1.4 2002 plate - fair pricing of fitting shocks and retainin units. - SteveLee
Well over the top - a small independent should be able to do that job for about £250 all in.
Citroen C3 auto 1.4 2002 plate - fair pricing of fitting shocks and retainin units. - Cyd

Way too much for just front end.

If your front shock are worn it is likely your rears are too. I'd suggest replacement of all four. Worn rears with new fronts could seriously destabilise the car in tricky condition.