slighly overwhelmed with 7 seaters. max 8 k - deanbrill

We have saved up last 2 years I have a little over 8 k to get a car needed for new born 4 year old and 8 year old . my recent cars are a a ford focus and seat Leone. I like the look of the cmax grande but used versions are still too pricey. I am in a position where I can choseba car I suppose my initial query is do I need a 7 seater? My next choice of car is Toyota verso or a Renault scenic grande . are the reliablily issues with French cars still valid . service history is key but Renaults newer or Toyota slightly older for same money what is best bet ? Thanks deano

slighly overwhelmed with 7 seaters. max 8 k - daveyK_UK

Citroen Berlingo multi space with 7 seat option

slighly overwhelmed with 7 seaters. max 8 k - RT

Why do you need a 7-seater? There's only 5 of you!

slighly overwhelmed with 7 seaters. max 8 k - oldtoffee

At that price point, I'd go for a petrol Verso over a Scenic even if it meant getting an older car. Known to be much more reliable and if you get a serious issue outside of warranty there's a chance Toyota will prove helpful, not so Renault.

if space was my main concern I'd go for a large estate, Mondeo, Mazda 6, Avensis and spend less than on an equivalent MPV. A big prpoer shaped boot and enough rear leg space so the kids couldn't kick my seat back were my reasons for an estate.

Edited by oldtoffee on 06/07/2014 at 23:42

slighly overwhelmed with 7 seaters. max 8 k - Happy Blue!

You will only get away with an estate if your 8yo sits on a booster and not in a child seat. Otherwise you will need three separate seats across that only an MPV can provide.

That's what I can't get over Why I need a seven seater when I have 3 kids :)

It's alittle bewildering when u are the cost of these cars over "non mpv" they should make cars that fit 3 younger no prob. I just assume needed larger car to fit seats will estate do?

slighly overwhelmed with 7 seaters. max 8 k - Happy Blue!

When child no.3 arrived we has a 6yo, 4yo and a new born. Whilst a five seat MPV would have coped, the benefit of a third row was to keep the car quiet on longer journeys of which we did quiet a few then. Keep the older ones apart and they dont bicker.

Ten years later, my 16yo and 14yo are bigger than either parent and regular five seaters have a transmission tunnel where the fifth person should put their feet so I still want an MPV...

slighly overwhelmed with 7 seaters. max 8 k - RT

My son gets his 2 kids in full child seats plus a grown adult into the rear seat of his Vectra-C estate - I can do the same in my Santa Fe - so I see no reason why bigger 5-seaters can't cope with 3 child seats on the back seat.

The problem with 7-seat MPVs and SUVs is the lack of boot space when the 3rd row seating is in use.

slighly overwhelmed with 7 seaters. max 8 k - thunderbird

The problem with 7-seat MPVs and SUVs is the lack of boot space when the 3rd row seating is in use.

And the danger to the children in a rear impact collision when they are only inches from the back of the car. I don't put our dog in the back for this reason alone.

slighly overwhelmed with 7 seaters. max 8 k - daveyjp

On school drop off I see lots of child minders also dropping off.

Galaxy and Kia Sedona are the most popular vehicles.

slighly overwhelmed with 7 seaters. max 8 k - Avant

If you don't want a 7-seater, then you need enough width in the rear seats to get your child seats in alongside each other. You just have to take the seats along to the various showrooms and try them out.

Edited by Avant on 09/07/2014 at 23:56

We looked a a 2009 verso diesel. Quite impressed overall. 40 k miles and full history. This is my fave so far. although back 2 Sears will be hardly used ride is safe and a massive boot can convert to spare SeAts when needed. Car handled ok imo . Just to compare with suitable non 7 seater

slighly overwhelmed with 7 seaters. max 8 k - Sulphur Man
A Honda FR-V petrol, with the excellent 1.8 iVTEC engine, should be just within budget. You HAVE to try one of those.